+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already mailed in passport copy after citizenship interview...but might get CIT 0520?

oasdu

Feb 16, 2018
When I had my citizenship interview over a week ago, the officer had asked me to mail a copy of every page in my passport, which I did immediately afterwards.

However, when going through some threads here, I see that the CIT 0520 has been received in the mail after a week or two. I'm traveling (within Canada) for the next couple of weeks so I don't have the luxury of checking my mail to see if I received this RQ (?) or "RQ-lite" letter in the mail.

IF I did...does the fact that I already mailed in a copy of my passport make things worse, given that I did not mail in the other documents as requested in this letter (rental agreements, ROE, etc)? I keep trying to call CIC, but as usual, the lines are too busy...

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
When I had my citizenship interview over a week ago, the officer had asked me to mail a copy of every page in my passport, which I did immediately afterwards.

However, when going through some threads here, I see that the CIT 0520 has been received in the mail after a week or two. I'm traveling (within Canada) for the next couple of weeks so I don't have the luxury of checking my mail to see if I received this RQ (?) or "RQ-lite" letter in the mail.

IF I did...does the fact that I already mailed in a copy of my passport make things worse, given that I did not mail in the other documents as requested in this letter (rental agreements, ROE, etc)? I keep trying to call CIC, but as usual, the lines are too busy...
Mailing the copy of passport pages is fine, given the officer asked you to do so. It won't make anything worse.

However, it is an applicant's responsibility to respond to all correspondence from IRCC in a timely fashion. I would suggest asking a trustworthy friend or neighbor to check your mail, in your absence.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014

Why are you overcomplicating things. You have done what was requested from you, and that's it.

anamika933

Oct 29, 2017

which office is dealing your application ? I too was requested to submit copies of all the pages of my passport after the interview day. I don't know what difference it made to them !! my status changed to DM after 2 weeks of the test. and still waiting for the oath ceremony call..

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

Why are you worrying? You did what you were asked for. Why do you think you get RQ? Were there signs in the interview? Did you travel a lot? Passport copies have nothing to do with RQ.

I agree though, ask somebody to check your mail.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

On a different note, may I ask if the officer asked to send copies of only the pages that have stamps/visas on them, or the entire booklet including blank pages ? Question may sound silly, but is relevant if the officer wants to make sure we're not hiding any stamps from them. Thanks

anamika933

Oct 29, 2017
On a different note, may I ask if the officer asked to send copies of only the pages that have stamps/visas on them, or the entire booklet including blank pages ? Question may sound silly, but is relevant if the officer wants to make sure we're not hiding any stamps from them. Thanks
in my case, the Officer specifically told me to send colored photocopy of all the pages of the passport, with or without stamps.

Reactions: razerblade