+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already have job in Canada (no LMIA) - include in EE profile under "job offer"?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Hi all, just filling in my EE profile intending to apply via CEC: I'm already working in a job which did not require an LMIA. In the section "intended work in Canada", under the question "Do you have a job offer in Canada" I am going to put down "yes" and give details of my current employer.

Is anyone else in the same boat, and how did they answer this question? It's not technically a job 'offer' since I already have the job, but if you select "yes", there is an option to say you are already working in Canada without an LMIA. If you select "no" there is no such option and you go on to the next question (so there is nowhere to put where you are currently working). How did anyone else answer this question? Your thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You actually have to answer NO .. since under EE, a job offer is only considered a job offer if it's supported by LMIA

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More info here .. read the replies

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pgwp-holders-and-lmia-part-of-ee-profile-details-t262919.0.html