+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already have aJob offer, CAQ and LMIA, but I dont have the degree required in NOC

danikult

Aug 22, 2018
Hi, I already got a job offer, a accepted CAQ, and a LMIA for noc 5241 to work as a 3D Artist.

I have a Bachelor degree in architecture, but I have worked as a 3d artist for more than 5 years, I don't have the degree required in the NOC Employment requirements, but I have the work experience. And some certifications that I took online, my employer in quebec knows that I have a degree in architecture, but I have the technical skills to be a 3d artist

I have letters of recommendation and experience from past employers and clients

Would this be a problem? Are there any documents that should I need?

Thank you in advance

Reactions: hyetist and m.ali

hyetist

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, I already got a job offer, a accepted CAQ, and a LMIA for noc 5241 to work as a 3D Artist.

I have a Bachelor degree in architecture, but I have worked as a 3d artist for more than 5 years, I don't have the degree required in the NOC Employment requirements, but I have the work experience. And some certifications that I took online, my employer in quebec knows that I have a degree in architecture, but I have the technical skills to be a 3d artist

I have letters of recommendation and experience from past employers and clients

Would this be a problem? Are there any documents that should I need?

Thank you in advance
If you already got your CAQ and LMIA, that wouldn't be a problem...I guess.
And how long did it take to get your LMIA approved? I also got my CAQ but still waiting for the LMIA as a 3D Artist.

Last edited:

danikult

Aug 22, 2018
If you already got your CAQ and LMIA, that wouldn't be a problem...I guess.
And how long did it take to get your LMIA approved? I also got my CAQ but still waiting for the LMIA as a 3D Artist.
It's not enough to have the CAQ and LMIA, you need to prove the Visa Officer that you can do the job the company is hiring you for, such as proof of work experience and proof of education, they refused my first application and I had the CAQ and LMIA, I had to apply again with a lot of proof from my work experience and now its approved.

The LMIA took like 4 months, from the moment I got the job offer, to an approved work permit it took 7 months

danikult

Aug 22, 2018
Ok but then how about PR how u get that and how u got job offer
The best way to know how, you need first to investigate what type of visa fits your needs, and when you have all the papers, then you apply for one
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

And for the job offer, just go into the website of companies from canada that you would like to work at, and send them you CV, portfolio and a Cover Letter, some companies have already a section on their website for you to apply working there. That is what I did to get a job offer, sorry I can't help you with more