+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already citizen but still receive 2015 work permit application email

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi I have little bit confused about the email I receive from Cic

I applied my PR 2014 and 2015 my work permit was nearly expire so I applied for extension by end of 2015 I got my PR

2018 Sep I become Canadian citizen and I also took Canadian passport .

still I receive email from Cic about my work permit

here is email i got every month from Cic :

We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

NEED advise from senior

thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi I have little bit confused about the email I receive from Cic

I applied my PR 2014 and 2015 my work permit was nearly expire so I applied for extension by end of 2015 I got my PR

2018 Sep I become Canadian citizen and I also took Canadian passport .

still I receive email from Cic about my work permit

here is email i got every month from Cic :

We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

NEED advise from senior

thanks
IRCC departments aren’t synched up. Drop them a webform mentioning your new status in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should have sent in a web form as soon as you got PR and said stop working on my WP and please withdraw the extension. They need you to initiate the withdrawal.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Personally I’d not just ignore it.

You need CoPR to apply for OAP, if IRCC records have some weird open records when the time comes you could have fun trying to sort it out.

It doesn’t take that long to submit a web form informing them that you are now a citizen. If nothing else that’s kinda polite to stop some person running around wondering what is going on.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I did my PR and WP application by lawyer
So when I got my PR they told me that they will withdraw my WP application also so far I remember Cic return my WP fees .

Actually I didn’t care till today , because I become citizen since 2018 Sep I also have Canadian passport .

I will go to first time out of Canada since I become Citizen that’s why I am wondering any issue will be happen at airport .

So that’s why I was confused that’s why I need advise .
Thanks

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I also think this is a automatic email which system generate . That’s why I didn’t took it seriously, every month it is coming same email .

so I was thinking system send me this email .

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I did my PR and WP application by lawyer
So when I got my PR they told me that they will withdraw my WP application also so far I remember Cic return my WP fees .

Actually I didn’t care till today , because I become citizen since 2018 Sep I also have Canadian passport .

I will go to first time out of Canada since I become Citizen that’s why I am wondering any issue will be happen at airport .

So that’s why I was confused that’s why I need advise .
Thanks
You have a Canadian passport and as a Citizen a legal right to enter the country. I very much doubt you’ll have any issues as assuming your are flying the airline will just validate your passport and allow you onto plane. If you don’t even have a checked bag you can do it all online normally too and may only get it glanced at on boarding (esp if flying last leg/in from US).

But for peace of mind later on, and as a courtesy, I’d let IRCC know. Personally.