+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year passed, still no AOR. Please help us!!!

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
If you sent OWP with PR application and they gave starters to process the OWP application, it means they have also checked your PR application, it could just be that the agent working on your file hasn’t entered any notes fir your Pr application and hasn’t updated it. Sometimes people don’t get AOR, but for your case you should atleast have gotten medical or biometrics requests. It’s unfortunate that your MP isn’t responding, but You’ll know more once you get your notes.

Try using UCI to check status on ECAS (not GCKEY), use sponsors UCI and their details if the sponsor has a UCI, if they don’t use your UCI and details.
Thank you, Eveslm. The reason I know IRCC works on my OWP is because IRCC needs some information on me, but they could not reach my PR file. So IRCC contacts me. Yesterday I got a call from MP's office, hope thing will head in the right direction.

Sponsor is Canadian. I use my UCI to check ECAS, still no result. It shows :
"Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..............."

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, Eveslm. The reason I know IRCC works on my OWP is because IRCC needs some information on me, but they could not reach my PR file. So IRCC contacts me. Yesterday I got a call from MP's office, hope thing will head in the right direction.

"Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..............."
I'd suggest trying gckey as well - we were never able to get in to ecas but were able to get into gckey after trying many different combinations of numbers, names, etc.

You may want to try calling ircc to see what the issue is with ecas but if you can get into gckey, you will at least know that the system has your file in it and it's only the authorization procedure with ecas that is not working.

Good luck.

Reactions: Sophia-Canada

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
I'd suggest trying gckey as well - we were never able to get in to ecas but were able to get into gckey after trying many different combinations of numbers, names, etc.

You may want to try calling ircc to see what the issue is with ecas but if you can get into gckey, you will at least know that the system has your file in it and it's only the authorization procedure with ecas that is not working.

Good luck.
Thank you for your response, armoured. The agents tell me that my file is in the system, not lost or forgotten. But the completeness of my file is not checked yet. After the completeness check, the file will assigned to an officer (if the file is completed). I think it maybe the reason I could not get any result from ECAS or GCkey.

Reactions: armoured

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Thank you for your response, armoured. The agents tell me that my file is in the system, not lost or forgotten. But the completeness of my file is not checked yet. After the completeness check, the file will assigned to an officer (if the file is completed). I think it maybe the reason I could not get any result from ECAS or GCkey.
It is kind of contradictory, right? The completeness is not checked, but I am in the system.o_O

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
That’s really weird, especially it doesn’t take a lot of time to check if all documents are there. One ex-officer told me that usually this task (checking the completeness) is done by agents who are not officers, and it doesn’t require a lot of time. She also told me : what is taking a lot of time is to reach and access to your file.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That’s really weird, especially it doesn’t take a lot of time to check if all documents are there. One ex-officer told me that usually this task (checking the completeness) is done by agents who are not officers, and it doesn’t require a lot of time. She also told me : what is taking a lot of time is to reach and access to your file.
Yes, it does seem there is a physical access problem, particularly for some group of older files. Can only speculate that what is in the system in these cases is just partial information (just the boilerplate data for example, enough to have the temporary number), OR that even if all has been scanned and digitized, that they need physical access to the file to finalize the completeness check (like perhaps comparing the physical to scanned and optical recognition). Only reading between the lines though.

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
I had a bad feeling that IRCC lost my file, even though IRCC agents tell me many times my file is not lost or forgotten.
Nowadays, the majority of inland June applicants already have AOR, MedE, some even get CoPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I had a bad feeling that IRCC lost my file, even though IRCC agents tell me many times my file is not lost or forgotten.
Nowadays, the majority of inland June applicants already have AOR, MedE, some even get CoPR.
I'm sure it's not "lost" per se but somewhere there - in a pile or a corner or possibly the bottom of the wrong pile, and who knows when they will get to it or find it. They seem to have cleared a lot of the backlog from those months to about October (when it looks like they 'rebooted') but not all. And of course, we don't really know the scale of the problem (how many files are they digging out from under).

I'd consider re-submitting but honestly no way to know what is best.

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
I'm sure it's not "lost" per se but somewhere there - in a pile or a corner or possibly the bottom of the wrong pile, and who knows when they will get to it or find it. They seem to have cleared a lot of the backlog from those months to about October (when it looks like they 'rebooted') but not all. And of course, we don't really know the scale of the problem (how many files are they digging out from under).

I'd consider re-submitting but honestly no way to know what is best.
Thank you for your response. It might happen.:( I will think about it.
Now I have to wait for the message from MP's office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response. It might happen.:( I will think about it.
Now I have to wait for the message from MP's office.
The tracker is showing about 3/4 of files getting AORs from June last year. I haven't been following to say how quickly they're catching up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit?usp=sharing

April/May mostly caught up, subsequent months mostly in the 70-80% range. So you're not alone and it's perhaps less likely it's seriously misplaced, just not clear how they're clearing the backlog (in any particular order or digging themselves out from how they piled up).

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
The tracker is showing about 3/4 of files getting AORs from June last year. I haven't been following to say how quickly they're catching up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit?usp=sharing

April/May mostly caught up, subsequent months mostly in the 70-80% range. So you're not alone and it's perhaps less likely it's seriously misplaced, just not clear how they're clearing the backlog (in any particular order or digging themselves out from how they piled up).
Thank you very much for your sharing, amoured. I do not understand why these 1/4 of us fall behind.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you very much for your sharing, amoured. I do not understand why these 1/4 of us fall behind.
I only have speculation. I think they just got overwhelmed with files during lockdowns and piled them up, and now they're digging out, and have no real ability to re-establish the order they received them in.

Imagine an assembly line that keeps getting parts delivered and they have a system that keeps up. Then they shut the factory down and the parts keep coming (a real factory would shut down the parts delivery - IRCC can't). They have a few places where they keep 'normal' overload that can cope with a few weeks of surplus.

And then it keeps coming for months and months.

They end up coming up with more and more short-term fixes and putting boxes of files wherever they can find space. They did keep up with the 'entry tagging' (you have a temp file number) and normally they track location to physical spaces - and maybe they keep doing that, but now rooms meant to hold 1000 files have 10,000, floor to ceiling and many rows deep that they can't get to in order. And probably new temporary locations in hallways and other spaces. And as they 'dig out' they can't do it in order but must maximise throughput, safety, and access.

Like I said, pure speculation. But I can absolutely picture how this would happen with the five-six month lockdown (with some, but minimal, staff on-site).

I know this isn't very encouraging, of course. But I think they're trying.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
I put "2" to the number of people on the application. UCI and F000xxxxxx. Unfortunately, no result is found. :(
I had to open another GCKEY account to get mine to link. Good luck

Here is my case:

My partner and I have been living together for more than 3 years in Canada. Last June, we submitted PR application (common-law partnership inland). Student in Canada. No kids, no marriage history, no criminal record.

Almost 1 year passed, our application is still not processed yet
. What we received from IRCC was just a temporary file number we got last September. We call IRCC almost every week to check on the status of our application. Unfortunately, the agents always tell us to wait.

Is it normal that the application is not processed after 10 months passed?
Is there anyone who is in the same situation with us?
Please give us some suggestions or advice.
Please help us to analyze my situation.
What else should we do now?
Any response helps!!!
Thank you!!!
It is normal at the moment. IRCC is very backed up and they are processing apps out of order. Just about everyone is in the same situation. The only thing you can do is wait and be patient like the rest of us. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for many of the delays except that they have about 100k apps waiting on the process at the moment. They have added more staff, so we are all hoping that the processing speeds will pick up, but then Canada has had a lot of shutdowns too, so we shall see. Good luck!

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020

Try using your receipt number from when you paid. That is what I did. It took a bit, but it was finally there.

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
I had to open another GCKEY account to get mine to link. Good luck

It is normal at the moment. IRCC is very backed up and they are processing apps out of order. Just about everyone is in the same situation. The only thing you can do is wait and be patient like the rest of us. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for many of the delays except that they have about 100k apps waiting on the process at the moment. They have added more staff, so we are all hoping that the processing speeds will pick up, but then Canada has had a lot of shutdowns too, so we shall see. Good luck!
Thank you!