+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year passed, still no AOR. Please help us!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I sent a letter 2 weeks ago, but I only receive an auto-reply email from MP office.
Call the MPs office.

It's hard to say what to do in this crazy situation of such a long delay, but personally I'd start pulling together the information and consider just applying again. (Not sure how that works for fees)

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Call the MPs office.

It's hard to say what to do in this crazy situation of such a long delay, but personally I'd start pulling together the information and consider just applying again. (Not sure how that works for fees)
I wrote a letter to our local MP, while I did not receive any news yet. I also try to call the MP office, while nobody answers phone, it directly goes to voicemail. It is possible our MP and his team are quite busy:rolleyes:.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I wrote a letter to our local MP, while I did not receive any news yet. I also try to call the MP office, while nobody answers phone, it directly goes to voicemail. It is possible our MP and his team are quite busy:rolleyes:.
Have you linked into GCKEY? You should check ECAS and GCKEY for information as well. You can use your receipt number for ECAS and your file number for GCKEY. Also make sure your email has Canada in the contacts so that you always get their emails.

Reactions: Sophia-Canada

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Call the MPs office.

Thanks for your suggestion. Several days ago, IRCC starts to process my OWP, I hope it is a good sign. Let's wait and see what the GCMS notes will tell.

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Have you linked into GCKEY? You should check ECAS and GCKEY for information as well. You can use your receipt number for ECAS and your file number for GCKEY. Also make sure your email has Canada in the contacts so that you always get their emails.
Thank you for your suggestion. I try to link GCKEY, but it could not find my application. Now I check the app status from ECAS, It says
"Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..............."

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Thanks for your suggestion. Several days ago, IRCC starts to process my OWP, I hope it is a good sign. Let's wait and see what the GCMS notes will tell.
Well, from what I hear it takes about 2 months to process at the moment when it normally takes 1 for GCMS notes.

To link, a typical mistake is putting in the wrong number of people on the application. Make sure you add in the sponsor as well. Try using your UCI instead of your app number and maybe try using your app number with an F instead of an X and have all the 0s.

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Well, from what I hear it takes about 2 months to process at the moment when it normally takes 1 for GCMS notes.

To link, a typical mistake is putting in the wrong number of people on the application. Make sure you add in the sponsor as well. Try using your UCI instead of your app number and maybe try using your app number with an F instead of an X and have all the 0s.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
I put "2" to the number of people on the application. UCI and F000xxxxxx. Unfortunately, no result is found. :(

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Here is my case:

My partner and I have been living together for more than 3 years in Canada. Last June, we submitted PR application (common-law partnership inland). Student in Canada. No kids, no marriage history, no criminal record.

Almost 1 year passed, our application is still not processed yet
. What we received from IRCC was just a temporary file number we got last September. We call IRCC almost every week to check on the status of our application. Unfortunately, the agents always tell us to wait.

Is it normal that the application is not processed after 10 months passed?
Is there anyone who is in the same situation with us?
Please give us some suggestions or advice.
Please help us to analyze my situation.
What else should we do now?
Any response helps!!!
Thank you!!!

Reactions: Idrissrafd

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Here is my case:

My partner and I have been living together for more than 3 years in Canada. Last June, we submitted PR application (common-law partnership inland). Student in Canada. No kids, no marriage history, no criminal record.

Almost 1 year passed, our application is still not processed yet
. What we received from IRCC was just a temporary file number we got last September. We call IRCC almost every week to check on the status of our application. Unfortunately, the agents always tell us to wait.

Is it normal that the application is not processed after 10 months passed?
Is there anyone who is in the same situation with us?
Please give us some suggestions or advice.
Please help us to analyze my situation.
What else should we do now?
Any response helps!!!
Thank you!!!
Have you tried again with GC Key? You need an actual file number (starts with 'F', as far as I recall). Sometimes you just have to keep trying! I find this has more detailed information.

Have you had a response from MP and / or followed up?

Where are you at with ordering your notes?

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If you sent OWP with PR application and they gave starters to process the OWP application, it means they have also checked your PR application, it could just be that the agent working on your file hasn’t entered any notes fir your Pr application and hasn’t updated it. Sometimes people don’t get AOR, but for your case you should atleast have gotten medical or biometrics requests. It’s unfortunate that your MP isn’t responding, but You’ll know more once you get your notes.

Try using UCI to check status on ECAS (not GCKEY), use sponsors UCI and their details if the sponsor has a UCI, if they don’t use your UCI and details.