+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year passed, still no AOR. Please help us!!!

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
Here is my case:

My partner and I have been living together for more than 3 years in Canada. Last June, we submitted PR application (common-law partnership inland).

Almost 1 year passed, our application is still not processed yet. What we received from IRCC was just a temporary file number we got last September. We call IRCC almost every week to check on the status of our application. Unfortunately, the agents always tell us to wait.

Is it normal that the application is not processed after 10 months passed?
Is there anyone who is in the same situation with us?
Please give us some suggestions or advice.
Please help us to analyze my situation.
What else should we do now?
Any response helps!!!

Last edited:

frange

May 25, 2018
Here is my case:

My partner and I have been living together for more than 3 years in Canada. Last June, my partner sponsored me for PR application (common-law partnership inland).

Almost 1 year passed, our application is still not processed yet. What I received from IRCC was just a temporary file number we got last September. We call IRCC almost every week to check on the status of my application. Unfortunately, the agents always tell us to wait.

Any response helps!!!
What is your timeline?

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
You can speak to your local MP and have them send them a request to see what they say. They sometimes get more info for you. my AOR took 1 year and 2 weeks. Now a days during Covid who knows how long anything takes.

Reactions: Sophia-Canada

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
No worries, we’re in the same situation lol Almost the same date. I’ve no explanation, I’m waiting for my notes (it’s taking time). My friend who traveled and lived in sensitive countries got his medical since December lol He’s from June, 2020, Outland application, living in Canada.

I thought my file was better than his, but apparently I was wrong

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
You can speak to your local MP and have them send them a request to see what they say. They sometimes get more info for you. my AOR took 1 year and 2 weeks. Now a days during Covid who knows how long anything takes.
I sent a letter 2 weeks ago, but I only receive an auto-reply email from MP office.
After you receive AOR, is the PR processing time accelerated ?

Sophia-Canada

Apr 19, 2021
No worries, we’re in the same situation lol Almost the same date. I’ve no explanation, I’m waiting for my notes (it’s taking time). My friend who traveled and lived in sensitive countries got his medical since December lol He’s from June, 2020, Outland application, living in Canada.

I thought my file was better than his, but apparently I was wrong
Sorry to hear that. I hope our cases can be processed soon. Could you please tell me what notes you are waiting for?

Reactions: Idrissrafd

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Here is my case:

My partner and I have been living together for more than 3 years in Canada. Last June, we submitted PR application (common-law partnership inland).

Almost 1 year passed, our application is still not processed yet. What we received from IRCC was just a temporary file number we got last September. We call IRCC almost every week to check on the status of our application. Unfortunately, the agents always tell us to wait.

Any response helps!!!
no i dont think ur timeline is normal, u should def order GCMS notes, it may/should give u an idea of whats goin on