+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

allowed to leave

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
this i really dont undertsand but went with it as didnt want to be deported and never allowed back into canada

the thing is i was allowed in canada 25th of dec 2010 to visit my girlfriend for the first time
i was only just allowed in then as

1, first time i had meet her
2, didnt have alot of money ( but was staying at hers ) yes i understand what he said about what if we dont get on i dont have enough for hotels
3, didnt have the travel/med insurance documents ( left them at home )
4, didnt have job so no ties back home

i was allowed in but given a piece of paper saying that i could only stay the 11 days i intended to stay plus i had to hand it back in before i left on 5th of jan ( he said i was lucky to get entry but as i was very honest he felt he could trust me )

i left handing the piece of paper in on the 5th of jan :)

so we did get on and arranged i visited again on 26th of feb for 3 weeks as the last time was too short so everything booked it wasnt the first time i was meeting her i had more money ( about £500 ) i had my travel/med insurance documents still didnt have a job but fought they would still let me in anyway,

the time came i get to the IO she asks me all the same questions as the other did on my last visit and i gave all the same answer and total honest again

she told me to take a seat like before so i throught she was just deciding about my job so when she called me back and said i was being denied for my criminal record only and would of be given entry otherwise i was shocked as the visit before was ok

she said the offence i had of ABH 13 years ago i would never be allowed to entry again with that my other of common assult of 6 years again wasnt nothing she said

how can she say that when the last IO didnt say that never said anything about my criminal record and to say that it was 13 years ago and that i wouldnt be let in again thats harsh as when i was on my first visit the person at the side of my had been convicted of selling drugs ::ie cocaine herion all hard drugs and he lied to the IO about it but it was all on the system the IO had and was still let in but i smack someone and i cant makes me very sad :'( ( as i was in the wrong place at the wrong time and just sticking up for myself anyone can get into a fight and iam not a nasty or voilent person )

she says i have to get a temporary residenticy ( sorry not the greatest at spelling ) something from the canadian embassy in london that will allow me to visit for 1 time

so would i have to apply for this everytime i visit ?

i seen on here about a rehab i asked her about that and she said i should wait till the common assult is 10 years before trying WTF she just said it was nothing yet that will stop the rehab if that is nothing wont they just do the ABH for the rehab ?

i dont know what i should ask for i so stressed do i just ring them and tell them what happened and they will tell me what i have to do or can i do it all on a website

please help

westy

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
i would say iam rehabilitated now from what i have read is this right

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312E3.asp

http://www.defencelaw.com/penalty-violence.html

states that after 10 years i would be ( When deemed rehabilitated ) for my first offence and they said my other i could entry canada with if alone so how can they deny me then on this ?

someone please comment on this

westy

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC notes state that "you may be deemed to have been rehabilitated ", it does not state that you will.

At the bottom of the page - note 1
"The person must not have committed or been convicted of any other indictable offence."

This suggests that you may not be deemed rehabilitated, because there was a second offence, common assault.

The IO may well be correct, you might have to wait a long time.

FWIW - Pay for a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
Did the IO ask you about your first visit in Canada?

Also did you tell her you left Canada with no problems and didn't overstay on your first visit

Yasmin

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
the second offence the IO said she would of let me entry if i only had that on my record thats just a mister meaner ( nothing really you could get it if you bruised or shouting at someone )

she said i did everything asked of me from my first visit and that went for me but every visit is down to each IO and what the last IO did doesnt matter

any other indictable offence :: what does indictable mean ?

the other thing was a TRP she ask me too look at but iam not sure thats for me thou.

iam going to Pay for a consultation with an immigration lawyer as i havent a clue what to do as i read things then on another page its different to what it says on the other

FWIW :: what that mean also ?

westy

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
westy888 said:
the second offence the IO said she would of let me entry if i only had that on my record thats just a mister meaner ( nothing really you could get it if you bruised or shouting at someone )

I think the point she was making was, there were two offences.

she said i did everything asked of me from my first visit and that went for me but every visit is down to each IO and what the last IO did doesnt matter
She is right.

any other indictable offence :: what does indictable mean ?
Indictable Offence Definition: An offence which the government can opt to cause trial by a more formal process than by summary process.

the other thing was a TRP she ask me too look at but iam not sure thats for me thou.
In some cases, Temporary Resident Permits or TRPs can be issued to people applying for Canadian immigration who are also inadmissible due to Criminal records or certain medical problems.

iam going to Pay for a consultation with an immigration lawyer as i havent a clue what to do as i read things then on another page its different to what it says on the other

Yes it is confusing and every case is different, a lawyer is a good idea.

FWIW :: what that mean also ?
For
What
It is
Worth.

westy

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Lets face reality. You have a criminal past on which the i.o. has made his decision. The decision is correct according to law. Get over it and stop moaning. You have been flagged. You can no longer use your waiver. You will need to apply at CHC in london for a visa from now on. A law abiding citizen and a former criminal can never be equal when it comes to immigration matters.

malokk

Sep 28, 2014
Can someone help.

I was a temporary worker from august 2013 to au 2014, bt I was issued allowed to leavr canada wen I came to visit my uncle on 2 sept 2014. I was issued the ATL form bcos the IO didn't believe I was coming to visit bcos they think I am coming to work bcos on my file its I need to sgow LMO or work permit. Now I have applied for work permit under IEC; will the ATL affect my IEC application?