+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got ITA - PLEASE READ!!!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I was thinking about this post before I made it and did it so people can benefit without being penalized. As I mentioned on another forum yesterday, a friend of mine got the devastating news yesterday of a CIC rejection notice. She got her ITA on Dec 4 under CEC, but at the time of the ITA had worked for 363 days. I told her to decline the Invitation but she accepted as she did not think there would be another December draw (which occurred incidentally on Dec 18). I guess she got a strict Visa Processing Officer. Her timeline went like this:

ITA: Dec 4

Submission date: Dec 28

AOR: Dec 29

CIC Rejection: Jan 15

To avoid yourself heartbreak and devastation please use the following tool after getting your ITA to see if your CRS score holds up. If it does, then submit your documents by all means. The consequences of getting a rejection are heartbreaking.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Good luck all. Hope this helps people in some small way.

PS - My friend is sending a Case Specific Enquiry in the hope of CIC leniency but I doubt it will achieve anything.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, isnt this the test that you fill in when you get ITA and click proceed with application then this test appears to tell you if you are eligible to proceed with the application for PR?

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry it is not but quite similar .. no change in score for me :)

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
This is the first time I see this tool, thanks for sharing.

According to this I do not qualify for ITA anymore, because my wife will loose her Canadian Work Experience.

According to my EE profile, I am getting 5 points because my wife has 1 year of experience. But in this tool, my wife gets nothing because her 1 year is in 2 different occupations. This is the first time I see anything like this.

This is the question that is making the whole difference to us:
11) How many years of skilled work experience in Canada does your spouse/common-law partner has? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

But there is a Legal Disclaimer at the top of the page:
This tool is intended solely for general guidance and reference purposes. In the event of any discrepancy between the results of this questionnaire and that provided by the Express Entry electronic system, the results provided by the system shall govern, in accordance with provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and Minister's Instructions issued under IRPA s.10.3. This tool will be updated from time to time in accordance with changes to the Ministerial Instructions governing Express Entry.

So should we believe our eyes, or the disclaimer.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
This tool is extremely helpful, thank you!
My score seems to hold up identically, so I don't suppose I have much to worry about.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
please use the following tool after getting your ITA to see if your CRS score holds up.
Really appreciate this post of yours, but what do you mean by hold up...are you talking for general, PNP or both applicants.
As i assume PNP applicants would have already got 600 points so where is the question of holding their CRS before applying for PR?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
If it does, then submit your documents by all means. The consequences of getting a rejection are heartbreaking.

What do you mean by hold up...are you talking for general, PNP or both applicants.
As i assume PNP applicants would have already got 600 points so where is the question of holding their CRS before applying for PR?
Yes, you are right this applies to applicants who have not applied for and not received PNP.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
JoacRy said:
Yes, you are right this applies to applicants who have not applied for and not received PNP.
Oh, I have received a PNP, does that mean I do not need to worry about this at all?
Not that I needed to anyway, it appears my score was consistent anyway.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Oh, I have received a PNP, does that mean I do not need to worry about this at all?
Not that I needed to anyway, it appears my score was consistent anyway.
It is worth double checking, remember the PNP only applies to get you over the CRS threshold. Your credentials will still be assessed against FSW or CEC criteria. This tool is free to use so no harm doing any checking.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
JoacRy said:
It is worth double checking, remember the PNP only applies to get you over the CRS threshold. Your credentials will still be assessed against FSW or CEC criteria. This tool is free to use so no harm doing any checking.
Well, glad I checked then :p
But yeah, I needn't have worried, my score was the exact same as it is in the EE profile.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MhamadK said:
This is the first time I see this tool, thanks for sharing.

According to this I do not qualify for ITA anymore, because my wife will loose her Canadian Work Experience.

According to my EE profile, I am getting 5 points because my wife has 1 year of experience. But in this tool, my wife gets nothing because her 1 year is in 2 different occupations. This is the first time I see anything like this.

This is the question that is making the whole difference to us:
11) How many years of skilled work experience in Canada does your spouse/common-law partner has? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

But there is a Legal Disclaimer at the top of the page:
This tool is intended solely for general guidance and reference purposes. In the event of any discrepancy between the results of this questionnaire and that provided by the Express Entry electronic system, the results provided by the system shall govern, in accordance with provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and Minister's Instructions issued under IRPA s.10.3. This tool will be updated from time to time in accordance with changes to the Ministerial Instructions governing Express Entry.

So should we believe our eyes, or the disclaimer.
Use this tool as guidance. The disclaimer is there for legal reasons but basically this tool measures against the correct criteria.

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
JoacRy said:
Use this tool as guidance. The disclaimer is there for legal reasons but basically this tool measures against the correct criteria.
Yeah I understand that it is for guidance, but the disclaimer says that the results provided by the system shall govern. And in my case I do actually lose points when I use this tool, and now I am worried.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
MhamadK said:
Yeah I understand that it is for guidance, but the disclaimer says that the results provided by the system shall govern. And in my case I do actually lose points when I use this tool, and now I am worried.
Are you still over the CRS threshold for your ITA?

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Aragorn165 said:
Are you still over the CRS threshold for your ITA?
Nope I drop to 450. It's all because this tool considers that my wife's 1 year of experience is not valid, because she worked in 2 occupations. It doesnt make sense. The Express Entry system gave us 5 points for it.