+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who applied Student permit from LA center for JAN 2015..Please join here

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
con2015jan said:
--
Thanks . Processing is fast now iguess. u will also hear back from CIC soon.
Answer to ur qn - No . I didnt submit any questionnaire .I only submitted the documents mentioned in the checklist. BTW - which university ur heading to ? if I can ask .

Sure you can ask, I wanted to ask you the same, but was hesitant

I am indian currently in USA on F2 visa along with my husband who is on F1 visa

Applied study permit for myslf and Open work permit for my husband on Sept 25th online

Didnt give medicals as we have stayed here continoursly since more than 12 months.

School : Northern Lights College , Jan 2015 intake

con2015jan

Oct 14, 2014
luckyBoy said:
Sure you can ask, I wanted to ask you the same, but was hesitant

I am indian currently in USA on F2 visa along with my husband who is on F1 visa

Applied study permit for myslf and Open work permit for my husband on Sept 25th online

Didnt give medicals as we have stayed here continoursly since more than 12 months.

School : Northern Lights College , Jan 2015 intake
Ok. Great. I'm going to concordia , Qubec. BTW I applied for my study permit alone . No open workpermit. I also didnt give medicals and criminal history docs.

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
Congratulations brother :)) anyone applied paper based ? I m on visitors visa in canada so any one with similar case pls connect

m0eed

Oct 22, 2014
@con2015jan

congrats!!

U applied online at LA conslate ...right? and can i know duration of your processing from date of submitting to stamping on passport?

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
All forum friends,

Very happy to share that my online study permit , along with open work permit decision has been made, and got a passport request letter. I have applied from California, when I check where to send passport it gives two options Los Angeles and NY, can someone tell where I have to send..and how exactly I have to send.. Thanks in advance...

con2015jan

Oct 14, 2014
m0eed said:
@ con2015jan

congrats!!

U applied online at LA conslate ...right? and can i know duration of your processing from date of submitting to stamping on passport?
--
Thanks . My timelines below

Application submission via online - Sept 28
Request for passport -oct -13
Passport sent to LA VAC -Oct 16
Passport returned - Oct 27

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
Anyone applied paper based..its been 4 weeks no clue whats happening. .how to check status on paper based applications ?

vinch286

Nov 2, 2014
Rocker117 said:
Anyone applied paper based..its been 4 weeks no clue whats happening. .how to check status on paper based applications ?

Hey Rocker117. I'll be having the same situation as yours soon. I'm currently in Canada holding a Visitors visa and I'm sending my Student permit application to VAC-LA when I receive my Letter of Acceptance from the school I applied for. I'm aware that we can not convert our Visitors (Tourist) visa within Canada and a friend here in Canada told me to send my application from outside Canada that's why I'm planning to send my application to VAC-LA instead. This is my first time to do this and I dont have a lawyer to assist me. Is this process really working? ::)

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
My application is still under process since 1 month and no update till date.yes u can apply at LA so do it asap without wasting time as it willl take 10 week as per cic website.

Best of luck

vinch286

Nov 2, 2014
Rocker117 said:
My application is still under process since 1 month and no update till date.yes u can apply at LA so do it asap without wasting time as it willl take 10 week as per cic website.

Best of luck
Another important question, what did you answer in the question #9 in the application form "Country where applying"? Did you put Canada? (Because youre staying in canada right now), USA (bec you sent your application to US), or your country of residence? I'm hoping for your reply as you've applied earlier than me.

Thanks good luck also with your application I hope you keep us posted regarding your success in your application

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
vinch286 : have u applied online ? as per my knowledge from inside canada u cant apply online only paper based option.

correct me if i m wrong