+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those worried for Accommodation (January Intake-2012)

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Lets search out for accommodation.

Since i have no relatives, friends or anyone there so i ll be needing help from the students, regarding accommodation, who are already there...

Searched several websites but none of them were of use..... Any idea what should i do??

New Student

Dec 3, 2011
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mate, I am not much sure but you can take a look at this website, it might help.

http://www.kijiji.ca/

So have you got the visa already?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaider said:
Lets search out for accommodation.

Since i have no relatives, friends or anyone there so i ll be needing help from the students, regarding accommodation, who are already there...

Searched several websites but none of them were of use..... Any idea what should i do??
Hi,

Yes, I am also wondering where to stay. :(

Even after spending hours n hours on kijiji (really do not understand the meaning of kijiji), I got nothing. No one is even replying back :( Yes, I got one call but the condition was to stay with two Taiwanese girls in a shared house (Rent CAD 520/month), considering too much risk involved, I decided not to go ahead.

Well, I am still searching. If anyone is heading for BC, we can make a group. Please be in touch. I am very good in cooking, so you don't need to worry for that. A World class chef is for free :)

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

Even after spending hours n hours on kijiji (really do not understand the meaning of kijiji), I got nothing. No one is even replying back :( Yes, I got one call but the condition was to stay with two Taiwanese girls in a shared house (Rent CAD 520/month), considering too much risk involved, I decided not to go ahead.

Well, I am still searching. If anyone is heading for BC, we can make a group. Please be in touch. I am very good in cooking, so you don't need to worry for that. A World class chef is for free :)
You are still in India ?...i thought you were already there in Canada for 2-3 months !

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
No i havent got the visa yet...but expecting to get it by the end of December INSHALLAH. I am going to Montreal for M.A(Eco) from Concordia University. Lets do somethng about it as all the websites are nothing but crap..... :p

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maherd said:
You are still in India ?...i thought you were already there in Canada for 2-3 months !
Hi,

No :) I am leaving soon. Due to late visa approval, I deferred admission upto next intake.

By the way, do you think if once in Canada, I will my waste my precious study time on this forum. :)

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

No :) I am leaving soon. Due to late visa approval, I deferred admission upto next intake.

By the way, do you think if once in Canada, I will my waste my precious study time on this forum. :)
Lol, I had gr8 respect for u due to fact that I thought ' U have already landed in canada and just for the sake of helping others u spare time and come here ' . Still the respect is there , salutes ! :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maherd said:
Lol, I had gr8 respect for u due to fact that I thought ' U have already landed in canada and just for the sake of helping others u spare time and come here ' . Still the respect is there , salutes ! :)
:) It means we both should respect Rhasan (a member), who is already in Canada and damn busy with his Master courses and still visiting forum (and the only one) to help out others.

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
:) It means we both should respect Rhasan (a member), who is already in Canada and damn busy with his Master courses and still visiting forum (and the only one) to help out others.
Yup respect from heart for him ! :)

READorDIE

Nov 30, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

@Enfield

You missed the chance with two Taiwanese girls :p

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
enfield .. man its getting tough to find accommodation around b.c..i am facing same situaution like you ... ::)

toronto is whole different story as students can find others like them easily on facebook and this forum... mainly due to higher number of students in toronto... and that too mainly in community colleges...

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ad singh said:
enfield .. man its getting tough to find accommodation around b.c..i am facing same situaution like you ... ::)

toronto is whole different story as students can find others like them easily on facebook and this forum... mainly due to higher number of students in toronto... and that too mainly in community colleges...
Hi,

Yes, it's true.

Like me, take one sleeping bag + small tent. :) How about living in open. :(

We need suggestion from Indian students in BC. I am trying to contact at least 4 Indian students of last year MBA batch of my school.

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
enfield :D..the best option for us is to book a motel from here for around 5 - 6 days ...

and in these days ..we have to arrange accommodation by visiting the places which are available for rent ..while we are in canada :)...

what you say....bro//

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Looks like you all have figured it out. Most of the online links for housing are commonly said in University's web page.

For example, here is the link for off-campus housing for UBC:
http://www.housing.ubc.ca/off-campus-housing/looking-for-a-place

For Uni of Concordia:
http://classifieds.csu.qc.ca/

Since you guys are all coming to Canada for the first time, it's better if you can make it here at least 1 week prior to classes. I know it's hard to find a place to crash in for a week; but in that way you'll be able to look for accommodation by yourself. BC would be much expensive comapred to Quebec. But BC has a larger Indian community which may be a help.

I've done my undergrad from Ontario and hence know what you will go through. Let me know if you need more info.