mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Invictus,
I don't think if you need to ask for any extension.
In fact, after getting your visa, you can enter Canada once in order to make sure your visa is not expired. You can then leave the country the very next day (or even within few hours) to go to US and complete your graduate program. Once you are done with your studioes, you can move to Canada. The rule is during 5 years after your initial entry to Canada, you have to stay and live in Canada for minimum 3 years, which in your case you can easily fulfill. This is my understanding based on what I have heard and learned form seniors. Others may guide you better.
And I am not sure where this rule that you mentioned is found: "Canada has the rule of maintaining not being Absent for more than 163 days, once you enter first and secure your PR card."
Good luck!

Invictus said:
As per the CIC rule, if applicant completes medical examination by 01 September 2010 then his/her Immigration Visa validity would remain till 31 August 2011 (one year from the date of medical examination). So, to obtain Permanent Residency the said applicant has to land Canada before September 2011.

Now, this is the predicament:

I am likely to begin a graduate program in the US from spring 2011.
The possible program time line is- Jan 2011 to September 2012.
Now, is there any provision to extend the visa validity period, so I can enter Canada hopefully upon completion of the program? (It's written on the Med Request Letter that the extension of the visa validity is not permissible. Notwithstanding this, would appreciate your comment on possible avenues that I could explore.)
For the time being, I am planning to enclose with med and processing fees a Cover Letter explaining my circumstances and placing a formal request for an extension consideration.
Please note, Canada has the rule of maintaining not being Absent for more than 163 days, once you enter first and secure your PR card. Since, I'll be starting my graduate program in the US from this Jan 2011, if I enter Canada prior to that entering US for my studies, it would be utterly implausible for me to visit Canada every 6 months to keep my PR status valid.

Would appreciate if you could shed some light on this rather intricate matter.
Will welcome any suggestion wholeheartedly.

Thank you

rafaelgabbie

Star Member
May 7, 2010
ramosorevitno said:
Hi All,

Just to share my timeline, as I mentioned here I sent a case specific enquiry last July 27 and they responded July 30, that they already sent an email last July 12 for a passport request and I did not hear anything yet on my consultant, is the reply from CHC already a proof that they are requesting our passports? or should I wait for my consultant to contact me? in the request letter I have 45 days to submit the documents, since, the letter was dated as July 12, so I only have 27 days left to date to submit the documents/passports.......

Anyway, I already emailed my consultant and awaiting for their reply.
;D ;D
sir may i ask who your consult is?

shubash

May 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th Nov'2009
Doc's Request.
6th Feb,2010
AOR Received.
10th December
File Transfer...
Feb'2010
Med's Request
28th June,2010
Med's Done....
27th July,2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
27th July,2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not decided
Hi Friends,

Shall we share our time line please ..

Shubash

Invictus

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
AOR Received.
13-04-2010
IELTS Request
24-02-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2010 Decision Made: 19-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010
Hi mbastudies,

Thanks for your very assuring remarks. I too have come across the rules on PR validity and found that 163 days rule is not yet in place.

Thanks

mbastudies said:
Hi Invictus,
I don't think if you need to ask for any extension.
In fact, after getting your visa, you can enter Canada once in order to make sure your visa is not expired. You can then leave the country the very next day (or even within few hours) to go to US and complete your graduate program. Once you are done with your studioes, you can move to Canada. The rule is during 5 years after your initial entry to Canada, you have to stay and live in Canada for minimum 3 years, which in your case you can easily fulfill. This is my understanding based on what I have heard and learned form seniors. Others may guide you better.
And I am not sure where this rule that you mentioned is found: "Canada has the rule of maintaining not being Absent for more than 163 days, once you enter first and secure your PR card."
Good luck!

ramosorevitno

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2005
Doc's Request.
15-07-2005
AOR Received.
16-11-2005
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
20-02-2009, 12-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2010
LANDED..........
Hopefully this December...
rafaelgabbie said:
sir may i ask who your consult is?
I used Premiers as my consultant.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
Hi manoj,

my ecas is also In Process since july 6th .. did you e-mail them afterwards

let me know

manoj2701 said:
Hi Everyone,
My case is showing IN PROCESS since 6th july, no updates or information after that.
Pls suggest me should I send some inquiry to the CHC New Delhi?

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
singh.punjabi said:
hi frens
i wonder not a single person who has verified by high comsn if somone there plz plz share something
[/qHuote]

Hi
why dont you send an email or a case specific enquiry

M

manoj2701

Simon123 said:
Hi manoj,

my ecas is also In Process since july 6th .. did you e-mail them afterwards

let me know
Hello Sir,
Thanks for reply, I have't sent any mail or query to NDHC. Infact I am confused whether to send an enquiry, or its too early and we need to be patient and wait for some more time?
Regards.