+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All LMO have a duration ??

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Hi All with LMO's ..

Does your LMO have a duration which means after your work permit expires (which is supposedly at the end of Visa end date) and you have not got your PR, you need to apply for a new LMO, visa and therefore new work permit ? This would NOT mean extension of WP?

if the LMO states duration of 36 months, does this mean the position for which you have been chosen is not valid anymore after 36 months? Means that was a temporary position? then why would any employer bother to have a LMO done for you ...

Any opinions ..appreciate it ..

Thanks,
Aarti

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes...

It's called the Temporary Foreign Worker Program for a reason ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-guide.asp

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Yes...

It's called the Temporary Foreign Worker Program for a reason ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-guide.asp
Thanks Lammawitch,

However this means all LMO unless the duration is stated as "Permanent" are temporary in nature...Then how to qualify for permanent job offer.

Regards,
Aarti

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Aarti21 said:
Thanks Lammawitch,

However this means all LMO unless the duration is stated as "Permanent" are temporary in nature...Then how to qualify for permanent job offer.

Regards,
Aarti
From what I understand the LMIA is used to get the job permit or the PR. So, you can have a LMIA good for 6 months, but get a 3 year work permit.

RA007

Aug 14, 2014
Do anyone know how much time it will take to process LMIA applications???

Thanks in advance.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
Thanks Lammawitch,

Regards,
Aarti
Yes, sort of ::) But once you have an LMIA & a job, you can then more easily (in theory) apply for PR under various streams ... (Hey, I don't decide/write CIC policies/manuals - I agree it's confusing). ::)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RA007 said:
Do anyone know how much time it will take to process LMIA applications???

Thanks in advance.
How long is a piece of string? :(.

Big thread on the subject here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmia-application-processing-time-t235591.0.html

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Yes, sort of ::) But once you have an LMIA & a job, you can then more easily (in theory) apply for PR under various streams ... (Hey, I don't decide/write CIC policies/manuals - I agree it's confusing). ::)
Yes buddy ...agreed ...not that I expect full proof answers ..just a discussion to get everybody's view :)

Rgds,
Aarti