+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Banking Professionals let's discuss the Nuts & Bolts of Express Entry

Amitmeet

Jan 15, 2015
Dear All,

I have a query regarding my eligibility for the Express Entry. I had earlier applied for the Permanent Immigration in the year 2008 when an old system of Federal Skilled Worker Class Simplified Application Process was in place. However, my application was returned as new amendments were introduced to the Canadian immigration system. I had applied at that time based on my graduation degree (Bachelor of Computer Applications) the course which I had completed in April, 2004. However, in the intervening period i.e. the period from May 2004 till May 2008 I was doing part time job as a Web Developer with a private company along with that I was pursuing my M.C.A. (Master Of Computer Applications) Full Time Course in the session 2005-2008. Since my completed education at that time was Bachelor's only, hence I opted for the Bachelor's degree in the education field of the simplified application form, and also, as there was no field to specify whether my experience
was part time or full time, though in my case it was part time only.

Now, under the express entry system I want to apply based on my experience into the banking sector from May 2009 till date as an Officer (Branch Operations). Therefore, I seek your expert guidance and kindly suggest can I apply under the express entry system based on my Master's Degree which I did not mention in my previous application as it was not completed at that time and my present job experience. Is my misrepresentation in the previous application something which happened out of unawareness be construed an act of commission and withholding information. Kindly clarify.

Looking forward to an early reply on the matter.

Warm regards

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Showing your Master's degree is not a misrepresentation, CIC understands at the time you applied your previous application you did,nt completed your masters, now as you have completed it you should provide the information about it. They will take it positively.

Amitmeet

Jan 15, 2015
Dear,

My another apprehension is related to my part time experience as a Web developer which I did mention in my previous application. But as there was no specific field related to Full Time/Part Time, so they might consider it as a misrepresentation?

Now my present experience is into the banking sector. However, my field of education is Bachelor of Computer Applications and Masters in Computer Applications. Can I apply under Express Entry even though my experience is not related to my field of education. However, the duties or job responsibilities are matching with the duties of NOC Codes (0122, 6235, 6551, 6552) applicable to the banking/financial sector jobs. Further, I seek clarification regarding does experience have to be related to your filed of education, the mismatch which is applicable in my case.

Thanks in advance
Kindly clarify.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amitmeet said:
Dear,

My another apprehension is related to my part time experience as a Web developer which I did mention in my previous application. But as there was no specific field related to Full Time/Part Time, so they might consider it as a misrepresentation?

Now my present experience is into the banking sector. However, my field of education is Bachelor of Computer Applications and Masters in Computer Applications. Can I apply under Express Entry even though my experience is not related to my field of education. However, the duties or job responsibilities are matching with the duties of NOC Codes (0122, 6235, 6551, 6552) applicable to the banking/financial sector jobs. Further, I seek clarification regarding does experience have to be related to your filed of education, the mismatch which is applicable in my case.

Thanks in advance
Kindly clarify.
[/quote
Firstly if your Part time experience is during your education then it is a clear instruction from cic in EE that you can't use this experience.
Secondly if this experience is before your previous file submission then its a misrepresentation because at that time first rule does not apply and you was able to show this experience also.
Finally go ahead with your Profile because most of the Banking sectors job does not require any specialized education except few jobs like ( HR or Credit officer) so any type of education is welcomed by CIC, i have seen lots of engineers doing banking job these days and qualified for PR.

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
My experience is into the banking sector. However, my field of education is Bachelor of Computer Applications and Masters in Computer Applications. Can I apply under Express Entry even though my experience is not related to my field of education. However, the duties or job responsibilities are matching with the duties of NOC Codes (0122, 6235, 6551, 6552) applicable to the banking/financial sector jobs. Further, I seek clarification regarding does experience have to be related to your filed of education, the mismatch which is applicable in my case.

Thanks in advance

Kindly clarify.

tejas0607

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi All,

Congratulations to al who got ITA.

I would like to know that all people got job offer directly from pool or they already had job offer before entering pool ?

Did they try any extra efforts to reach employer or was it pure luck and employers picked them ?

Kindly share your experiences.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejas

aaaHuuu

Feb 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

Any recent graduate being an International Student from Canada in here who got an ITA this Draw under NOC 6235 want to share their experience.

Please & Thank You

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
I believe no one yet so far.
The cutoff scores are too high for CEC applicant unless they have pnp or lmia.
How about connecting on whatsapp. If yes, then we can share our numbers?

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
I am working as a Branch Operations Officer. I am confused about my NOC Code.

Please guide how CIC checks and determines your NOC code