+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICANTS, LETS CONNECT HERE!

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
megh_balika said:
Hi, thanks for creating this thread!
Hope it will be very helpful for all of us to share our experiences here.

I have already submitted my express entry profile. My score is 409 only. My age is the killer here!
I am not in Canada, nor I have any job offer from Canada.
Does anyone have any idea what are my chances to get to be selected?
409 is decent score. You can complete spouse eca and ielts (if married) and yourself retake IELTS to increase scores.

megh_balika

Jan 17, 2015
desertfox said:
409 is decent score. You can complete spouse eca and ielts (if married) and yourself retake IELTS to increase scores.
Dear desertfox,

Thanks very much for your response to my post.

I have got the highest possible points (128) from my IELTS score. Did not do spouse eca; we are not sure if that is worth the time and energy. As per our calculation, it wouldn't add much! My spouse doesn't want to appear for IELTS as well. So, I have just dismissed that 40 points I could have earned as spouse points.

For job offer, can I apply to any job in Canada even though I am not there?

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
megh_balika said:
Dear desertfox,

I have got the highest possible points (128) from my IELTS score. Did not do spouse eca; we are not sure if that is worth the time and energy. As per our calculation, it wouldn't add much! My spouse doesn't want to appear for IELTS as well. So, I have just dismissed that 40 points I could have earned as spouse points.

Job Match service has not started yet. I think it may take up to May 2015. Meanwhile self and spouse scores are all we have. If u get 10 points from spouse language and another 10 from his/her ECA (if your spouse has masters)
your score will become 429. Think of it.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
megh_balika said:
Dear desertfox,

I agree with desertfox. You don't have anything to lose from getting the ECA and IELTS done for your spouse.

As for job offer, I'm skeptical about the effectivemess of job bank even though its gonna be months before that becomes operational. You can still apply online for jobs but it would take a miracle to get a job offer from a Canadian employer while applying from Bangladesh.

megh_balika

Jan 17, 2015
m_dewan33 said:
I agree with desertfox. You don't have anything to lose from getting the ECA and IELTS done for your spouse.

As for job offer, I'm skeptical about the effectivemess of job bank even though its gonna be months before that becomes operational. You can still apply online for jobs but it would take a miracle to get a job offer from a Canadian employer while applying from Bangladesh.
Thanks m_dewan and desertfox. I totally understand what you are saying here. Let's think that it's almost impossible for us to get the spouse points. Moreover, I have lost huge points for my age :(, which is really sad!

Could you please suggest me anything about getting a job offer from Canada? We are currently residing in the USA, I have earned a MA degree from here, and now at an advanced stage in my PhD program. I have few years' experience in University Teaching. I have earned 100 out of 100 on the skill transferability section of EE. I was wondering it there are easier ways to apply for Canadian jobs and get a letter? I can even come to Canada for job interviews. Right now, I am not thinking of a high-ranked job, just a simple one to increase my points.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
megh_balika said:
Could you please suggest me anything about getting a job offer from Canada? We are currently residing in the USA, I have earned a MA degree from here, and now at an advanced stage in my PhD program. I have few years' experience in University Teaching. I have earned 100 out of 100 on the skill transferability section of EE. I was wondering it there are easier ways to apply for Canadian jobs and get a letter? I can even come to Canada for job interviews. Right now, I am not thinking of a high-ranked job, just a simple one to increase my points.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.
You'd definitely have a better chance of getting a job if you're applying from the US compared to any other country.

If I were you, I would try to get in touch with recruitment firms in the US who does HR assignments for the North American region including Canada.

Furthermore you can mention in your cover letter and resume that you're geographically mobile and willing to relocate to Canada. However getting an LMIA will still be very challenging unless you have a very unique skillset that the employer is after. Hope that helps!

tipukhair

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs return on 11th May 2015 due to quota fill up
Hi guys,

Did you anyone notice that EE website have something terrible malfunction? I mean hundreds of times i have to try login to GC key website and most of the time it shows me tab only "log out" and only few times i got "continue". And, sometimes after continue it directed to other path. Again, if its got the actual path then some field showed wrong like in education if i select current study no it supposed to come another field "TO" but some time it appears and sometimes not. I thought my browser have problem so i installed IE11 and Mozilla 35, Google Chrome, Opera, but every browser showing same problem. I have only chance to get work only 1/20 times, its keep me angry. though i am time again and again.

Question is, after holding my patience is there any chance to get invitation or success? come on guys we are from Bangladesh and i have no foreign degree so how employer from Canada select me? and why? If i have professional degree like Physicians, Engineers, etc might be i have chance but i am a normal accountant and i dont have any professional degree in my field. As i am see, my only hope is luck.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
tipukhair said:
Hi guys,

Did you anyone notice that EE website have something terrible malfunction?

Question is, after holding my patience is there any chance to get invitation or success?
Everyday thousands of applicants are creating and updating their profile. Their server is not up to the mark to handle this traffic. But, it is possible to create/update profile with some patience. Try creating profile when it is midnight in Bangladesh. Most asians will be asleep and u get less traffic I guess.

Regarding invitation, initially only high scorers will get invites. But at later stage, people with demanding skill/experience will get job offer and thus get invites. That's the theory. Let's see what happens in reality

megh_balika

Jan 17, 2015
m_dewan33 said:
You'd definitely have a better chance of getting a job if you're applying from the US compared to any other country.

If I were you, I would try to get in touch with recruitment firms in the US who does HR assignments for the North American region including Canada.

Furthermore you can mention in your cover letter and resume that you're geographically mobile and willing to relocate to Canada. However getting an LMIA will still be very challenging unless you have a very unique skillset that the employer is after. Hope that helps!
Thanks very much for your responses! I really appreciate your kind efforts.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
shamu603 said:
i did my masters from UK. do i need ielts score?
Yes. Even if you're a native English speaker you still need to sit for an English test.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
shamu603 said:
i did my masters from UK. do i need ielts score?
m_dewan33 said:
Yes. Even if you're a native English speaker you still need to sit for an English test.
If you have masters from UK you do not need ielts as language proof.

Having said that, if you do not take ielts, you do no gain points for language skills.

For this reason, even native English speakers are suggested to take ielts to maximize their score

Verification

Jul 7, 2014
Hi
I am new at this forum.

Everyone has applied or applying. I have some queries as well.

I get full points for age.
Education BSC Engg(4 yrs).(EVALUATED BY WES)
JOB Experience 4+ yrs.
Single.
Ielts L8,R7,S7.5, W6.5.
My NOC 2133.
NO JOB offer and NO CANADIAN JOB EXPERIENCE.
Have selected some provinces and "ALL" as well.

I am getting score 387. Am I making any mistake to fill up the form.
Should I get more than 400?

It would be great, if you put some light on this matter.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Verification said:
Hi
I am new at this forum.

Everyone has applied or applying. I have some queries as well.

I get full points for age.
Education BSC Engg(4 yrs).(EVALUATED BY WES)
JOB Experience 4+ yrs.
Single.
Ielts L8,R7,S7.5, W6.5.
My NOC 2133.
NO JOB offer and NO CANADIAN JOB EXPERIENCE.
Have selected some provinces and "ALL" as well.

I am getting score 387. Am I making any mistake to fill up the form.
Should I get more than 400?

It would be great, if you put some light on this matter.
are u married? In that case u may be losing spouse points.

In your express entry profile, they show u details of each point u get. Try searching if u have missed any point.

Can reply you once u answer the above

tipukhair

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs return on 11th May 2015 due to quota fill up
Finally i have done my profile with very low figure. Its only 322 without spouse point, Ah!. Seems everybody have 400+.
Job bank registration done too..
Best of luck to all.