Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
erable_rouge said:
What's happening with CIC!! No draw last night :(

Its been almost a month since the last draw.
Yesterday was Govt holiday in Canada (Victory day)

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
hi guys, I am new to this forum, I have an issue , I applied for a pr through express entry on March 1. But today I received an email stating that the have canceled my application and the reason being is that, " police certificate for Ethiopia don't meet post - issuance date." Bit it is dated and that is the document that I have used to enter this country 5 years ago. Any suggestions please What should I do.

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
amadabu said:
hi guys, I am new to this forum, I have an issue , I applied for a pr through express entry on March 1. But today I received an email stating that the have canceled my application and the reason being is that, " police certificate for Ethiopia don't meet post - issuance date." Bit it is dated and that is the document that I have used to enter this country 5 years ago. Any suggestions please What should I do.
[/quote

Usually police certificates are only valid 12 months from the date when they are issued. You would need to apply for a new one.

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
I have requested already but the have rejected already, the even told me on the email that the will refund my fees. Does that mean that I have to apply all over again:-(

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
nessjo said:
amadabu said:
[/quote

Usually police certificates are only valid 12 months from the date when they are issued. You would need to apply for a new one.
New rules, 6 months according to cic website.

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply, do u think I will have to start from scratch? Or would I be able to talk them into opening the one that I have again

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amadabu said:
What is the date on the police certificate and are you currently in Ethiopia?

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
14/08/2008, No I have been in Alberta since 2010 but that was the same p.c. I applied with when I applied to come to Canada as a worker.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
amadabu said:
14/08/2008, No I have been in Alberta since 2010 but that was the same p.c. I applied with when I applied to come to Canada as a worker.
I think now with the new rules, your 2008 police certificate is valid(correct if this is not the case). So I would suggest that you send a CSE ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx ) asking CIC take another look at your application. Additionally, I would also suggest that you make a new profile in the mean time.

Good luck to you!!!!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DoubleS said:
I think now with the new rules, your 2008 police certificate is valid(correct if this is not the case). So I would suggest that you send a CSE ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx ) asking CIC take another look at your application. Additionally, I would also suggest that you make a new profile in the mean time.

Good luck to you!!!!
No I don't think your 2008 PC is valid if you moved from Ethiopia to Canada in 2010. The new rule states that ur Ethiopian PC should be issued after the last time you were in that country, therefore it should have been dated 2010. So the question now is did u leave Ethiopia in 2010?

amadabu

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Yes I left Ethiopia in 2010 , with the police clearance that was issued when I applied first I think in 2008 processes take up to 15 months there , my first visa application was rejected and I had to reapply in 2009 for it, my lmo was expired during the long process. when I reapplied they processed it with the Same file No. And just updated the new lmo, and it was approved.

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received dec 30, 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
amadabu said:
Yes I left Ethiopia in 2010 , with the police clearance that was issued when I applied first I think in 2008 processes take up to 15 months there , my first visa application was rejected and I had to reapply in 2009 for it, my lmo was expired during the long process. when I reapplied they processed it with the Same file No. And just updated the new lmo, and it was approved.
it is because the police clearance should have been issued 3 months before you submitted the application package.

"The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5527ETOC.asp#appendixA

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Anya654 said:
No I don't think your 2008 PC is valid if you moved from Ethiopia to Canada in 2010. The new rule states that ur Ethiopian PC should be issued after the last time you were in that country, therefore it should have been dated 2010. So the question now is did u leave Ethiopia in 2010?
Thanks for the correction Anya, he will definitely need a new PC, since he left Ethiopia in 2010 and his Current PC was issued in 2008.

My apologies amadabu for my error.