June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
terki said:
of course - choose your province of choice - wait for their pnp launch - meet criteria - apply - seek nomination

btw - creat ee profile

when u receive nomination - update ee to be shown top of the pool ranking

cheers

do you mean even those who will get their nomination under Semi-Skilled category can also apply to EE? i thought EE is exclusively for Skilled-Workers. And from what i was told by a CIC officer (over the phone) if apply to EE using your nomination you would still have to meet the 3 federal immigration streams which are FSW,CEC,FSTP. do u have any insights on this?

Lance

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
all has to go under EE - there is no direct PR ..

u must file EE - indicate ur nominated category - invite wil follow to apply pr -

pnp is under FSW

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014
shrinivas1980 said:
Dear DKD,

For EE, scoring 6 is not mandatory. Maximum, candidate will get less points if his/her ielts score is less. However, that applicant can gain more points somewhere else. This is what I think.
I dont think so. From what I understand, you may try but will not be eligible for the pool as you must meet the eligibilty test for one of the Skilled Worker Categories. This test involves the criteria factors (age, language ability, experience, etc.). Since you appear not to meet the language ability (6 in all bands), it will be difficult to chosen.

See below quote from what they said:

"The importance of determining eligibility first

Potential candidates for immigration to Canada through Express Entry should be aware that their score within the Comprehensive Ranking System is only of value once they are eligible to enter the Express Entry pool. Eligibility to enter the pool is determined by a separate assessment that establishes whether a candidate is eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs listed above.

Once a candidate is eligible, he or she enters the pool and is ranked under the Comprehensive Ranking System with all other eligible candidates for the federal economic programs. Candidates with the highest rankings will then be issued invitations to apply

This is my feeling.....that all the criteria still have to be met for one of the skilled programs.
This is my problem why I did not qualify for FSW because of my age (I get 0 points for 45 years ). It seems that this express entry doesn't help me either despite fact that I may have good points for other areas (work experience, education, suitability etc).

Once this provision of a "separate assessment" to establish whether a candidate is eligible for one of the federal economic programs exists, then, in my opinion, this Express Entry system amounts to the same thing as the FSW but just a ranking system which is dubious and not transparent. At least with the FSW system, your application is assured to be processed (at least) once you meet the minimum points.

With EE, you are free to apply, but no assurance that you will even get the opportunity to be ranked.
Just my opinion. I would love to hear seniors opinion on this.

Amam12

Sep 23, 2014
PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can i apply for express entry how much points i will get?
Age 27 yrs
Education MBA 2 YRS B.com 2 yrs ECA applied
Work experience 6.5 years not in canada
IELTS score target to achieve 7 in each
Spouse details
Age 26 yrs
EDucation MCS (2yrs) B.com 2 yrs
Work exp 3 yrs
IELTS 5 in each band

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
terki said:
all has to go under EE - there is no direct PR ..

u must file EE - indicate ur nominated category - invite wil follow to apply pr -

pnp is under FSW
Can you walk me through it? So if you get nominated under semi-skilled NOC C, and u course your application to EE, automatically you will be considered to fall under FSW? Is that it? When i called up CIC and AINP they specifically have quoted that you can only apply to EE if you are a skilled worker/candidate and that you meet the three federal programs. They said that once you get nominated.under semi skilled then you can still apply for PR under the current procedures because EE would only accept skilled candidates.

Rahul77

Feb 3, 2012
I got positive lmia for pharmacist a few days ago.What could be better option ,express entry or current fsw program?

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Not sure if someone posted this already, but this calculator is pretty useful (but obviously not launched by CIC).

www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Sabina22

Oct 7, 2014
hi all
I m sabina from nepal. I wish to apply in ee. My ielts score in each band
Listining 6
Speaking 6.5
Reading 4.5 and
Writing 5.5. Can i apply? Plz i need ur help? May i apply or not. I m registered nurse with 5 yrs working experience.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Hey everybody,

Once you calculate your points, please add them to the SS on my signature.

It will be nice to understand how everybody compares.

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Sep-2015 - LAA received
Doc's Request.
Full Application Submitted - On 25-Sep-2015
Sabina22 said:
hi all
I m sabina from nepal. I wish to apply in ee. My ielts score in each band
Listining 6
Speaking 6.5
Reading 4.5 and
Writing 5.5. Can i apply? Plz i need ur help? May i apply or not. I m registered nurse with 5 yrs working experience.
Based on the CIC and other member mention,you must need minimum 6 in each then only you are eligible for entering the pool. so you may need to reappear in the Ielts and try to get 6 in each would be helpful. Meanwhile you could create your profile and update your results. try to get other other documents ready.

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Sep-2015 - LAA received
Doc's Request.
Full Application Submitted - On 25-Sep-2015
Amam12 said:
Can i apply for express entry how much points i will get?
Age 27 yrs
Education MBA 2 YRS B.com 2 yrs ECA applied
Work experience 6.5 years not in canada
IELTS score target to achieve 7 in each
Spouse details
Age 26 yrs
EDucation MCS (2yrs) B.com 2 yrs
Work exp 3 yrs
IELTS 5 in each band
please use this link and calculate your points. best of luck

http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Lalitt

Nov 5, 2014
shrinivas1980 said:
Dear DKD,

For EE, scoring 6 is not mandatory. Maximum, candidate will get less points if his/her ielts score is less. However, that applicant can gain more points somewhere else. This is what I think.
CLB 7 is must for NOC 0 and A, Check the 13th point in :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp
'Candidates must also meet the minimum language requirements (for NOC 0 and A occupations: CLB 7; for NOC B occupations: CLB 5).'