Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Processing office - New Delhi
Horrendous. NDVO is extremely slow. My file is at the same visa office. That worries me a lot. It's already been 8 months since they received application. Your medicals must have expired by now. Didn't you receive any re-medical request? Followed up with them through call centre?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - I got my GCMS notes today after 120 days extension. I can see they received my notarised document for job duties and my wife's document. But there is no change in the remark which still reads review required as no job duties mentioned in the experience letters and was update in February 2019. There is no update post that.
See the date of generation of the GCMS notes at the bottom of each page. It is as on that date how your application looked.

Also, see the last few pages, where the officer's note are. The review required is entered by a case processing agent or an analyst. This has to be reviewed by an officer, who makes a final determination.

As regards RR, I wrote a post and I am posting it here again:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

akilot

Aug 20, 2019
See the date of generation of the GCMS notes at the bottom of each page. It is as on that date how your application looked.

Also, see the last few pages, where the officer's note are. The review required is entered by a case processing agent or an analyst. This has to be reviewed by an officer, who makes a final determination.

As regards RR, I wrote a post and I am posting it here again:

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.

@legalfalcon - the date generated shows 8th October 2019 but they sent it now.

Also there is still no comment from the officer. A 11.2 Case processing agent has asked for review required.

Last edited:

Gax

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Just received GCMS notes.
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: complete
Paper file location: P12

any idea what P12 means?
I have same paper file location p12 any idea what it means?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - the date generated shows 8th October 2019 but they sent it now.

Also there is still no comment from the officer. A 11.2 Case processing agent has asked for review required.
I wrote a post in review required, posting it here again:

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

CherylBotelho

Jun 26, 2018
@legalfalcon my aor is Jan 2019, couple, husband working in Dubai & wife in India

It has been over a year now but haven't got PR.

Medical expired
Eligibility passed
Security passed
Criminality not started

Got 1 ADR for travel history in September. We submitted it within 2 days. Currently in review stage.

Since September status is stuck as above.

Been calling and raising webforms regularly.
Ordered our first gcms notes last month. Got extension for 90 more days.

What could be the hold up?! Have you come across such cases before?

akilot

Aug 20, 2019
Horrendous. NDVO is extremely slow. My file is at the same visa office. That worries me a lot. It's already been 8 months since they received application. Your medicals must have expired by now. Didn't you receive any re-medical request? Followed up with them through call centre?
Pls help me with the call centre no. As the no. I tried said to follow up through mail which they don't reply.

They have not yet sent any remedical mail from them.

colcol

May 27, 2019
Hi! FSW-O- Aor June 29, 2019. No updates since July 30, 2019

After 3 months of requesting GCMS (requested on October, arrived today), I got my notes. It seems that my file is either stuck awaiting for a review of my self-employed experience (and, in the meantime, losing 50 CRS points/9 FSW points) or the review has already happened and I'll be rejected (I don't see why they would wait 7 months to issue rejection, though). I'm asking the knowledgeable people of this forums to check if any of my interpretations are correct and if there's anything I should proactively do to improve the situation.

Notes are as follows:

"
NOTES 3
DATE 2019/08/01
EE ELEGIBILITY
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT: Lock-in Date: 2019-06-29_EXXXXXXXXX PA: XXXX, XXXX (my name)
- EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

_________________ MI3 ****NOTE: Review of employment records (self-employed documentation) required - edoc #'s XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXXX**** A11.2: Review required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : REVIEW REQUIRED R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW points total: 58 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

__________________ Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 460 CRS points minimum score for round: 450 CRS score at application (APR): 455 Total Crs Points Assessed / Verified: 405

"

After this, there comes a very long text regarding WORK EXPERIENCE, because I had to submit many different employers. However, is is simple to read: All the documents I presented for employment that I marked as SELF EMPLOYMENT, which are the edocs marked for review in the note above. say:

"
Letter dated xxx-xx-xx appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of XXXX - Letter confirms full (in other cases part, all appropriately assigned to the submitted documents) time employement XXhr/wk. FSW Work: X years X months
"

At the end, there is :
"
FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 3+year(s) - (REVIEW REQUIRED)
"

NOTES 5
DATE 2019/07/29
GENERAL
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: EXXXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW PARKED CASE NOTES Case parked due to the following: - Other: Sent to RA

Thanks to everyone taking the time to check this.

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon
I recently reviewed my notes and turned that I was in IP1( Your application in process) for like 4 month and it turned it was due to info sharing- FCC-Detials, bio metrics and biographics- it took that long for info sharing/USA partner- it came only early Jan- when it marked completed - I thought info sharing is easy one step to be done? or does it have to do with Travels and staying in US( been there almost 2 yrs), will I need to prepare to wait more in IP2- the security - it shows not started in both CBSA and GCMS- with no S15/16 ? Thanks for the help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I recently reviewed my notes and turned that I was in IP1( Your application in process) for like 4 month and it turned it was due to info sharing- FCC-Detials, bio metrics and biographics- it took that long for info sharing/USA partner- it came only early Jan- when it marked completed - I thought info sharing is easy one step to be done? or does it have to do with Travels and staying in US( been there almost 2 yrs), will I need to prepare to wait more in IP2- the security - it shows not started in both CBSA and GCMS- with no S15/16 ? Thanks for the help

First of there is no such thing as IP1 or IP2. This is just speculative stages based on what you see on your MyCIC account. How do you know that it was info sharing that took so long. What about your eligibility, R10, criminality?

As regards s15/16 see https://bit.ly/2HoLiPf

Reactions: GeoV

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
Thanks for the response
Eligibility was passed on Oct ,
Criminality - At November - was then reviewed with officer note NO A34 concerns. ALL PC on file- By NOV- charged to PS review
Only at Jan 2020, where it stated- ** officer note*** Info Sharing completed- NO concerns
Security still showing not started

colcol

May 27, 2019
Hi! FSW-O- Aor June 29, 2019. No updates since July 30, 2019

After 3 months of requesting GCMS (requested on October, arrived today), I got my notes. It seems that my file is either stuck awaiting for a review of my self-employed experience (and, in the meantime, losing 50 CRS points/9 FSW points) or the review has already happened and I'll be rejected (I don't see why they would wait 7 months to issue rejection, though). I'm asking the knowledgeable people of this forums to check if any of my interpretations are correct and if there's anything I should proactively do to improve the situation.

Notes are as follows:

"
NOTES 3
DATE 2019/08/01
EE ELEGIBILITY
A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT: Lock-in Date: 2019-06-29_EXXXXXXXXX PA: XXXX, XXXX (my name)
- EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

_________________ MI3 ****NOTE: Review of employment records (self-employed documentation) required - edoc #'s XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXXX**** A11.2: Review required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : REVIEW REQUIRED R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW points total: 58 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

__________________ Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 460 CRS points minimum score for round: 450 CRS score at application (APR): 455 Total Crs Points Assessed / Verified: 405

"

After this, there comes a very long text regarding WORK EXPERIENCE, because I had to submit many different employers. However, is is simple to read: All the documents I presented for employment that I marked as SELF EMPLOYMENT, which are the edocs marked for review in the note above. say:

"
Letter dated xxx-xx-xx appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. - Letter confirms salary of XXXX - Letter confirms full (in other cases part, all appropriately assigned to the submitted documents) time employement XXhr/wk. FSW Work: X years X months
"

At the end, there is :
"
FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 3+year(s) - (REVIEW REQUIRED)
"

NOTES 5
DATE 2019/07/29
GENERAL
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: EXXXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW PARKED CASE NOTES Case parked due to the following: - Other: Sent to RA

Thanks to everyone taking the time to check this.

Anyone willing to take a look? @legalfalcon maybe? thanks in advance for any input :D

Feb 23, 2020
Hi All, thank you all for sharing your experiences so everyone can have an idea about it.

I applied for FSW outland. I received my AOR in the 2nd of September 2019. Medicals passed and biometrics submitted within weeks. Since then I have no updates in my account, and still got 8 days to reach the 6 months deadline. I ordered my GCMS notes in January 2020, received them last week. From the GCMS notes I have few concerns I wish someone can help me with:

1. In the second page of the notes, the following is written:

Eligibility: Recommend interview
Security not started
Criminality: not started
Medical: Passed
Info sharing: Complete

Does that mean for 100% that I will be invited to a interview ? I still have no update...

2. In the notes by the end of the file, there is a mistake. I declared in my application that I was refused a tourist visa to Malta back in 2012 when I was still a student in my country. In the notes it is written that I was refused a student visa to the US.

Does that affect my application ? and should I do something to tell them that It is not what I declared and that I never applied for a US visa ?

3. Also I would like to mention that almost all the notes of two agents are positive. Just in the remarks of the second agent about police certificates, he confirmed that both my wife and I, submitted PCCs from our country of origin and the country of residence, but he wrote Review Required for me, and Pass for my wife.

Please does anyone has any insight about this and how should I interpret it ? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.