+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All about citizenship oath

Don51

Jan 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I need your advice: My wife's status on line says that "she is going to take her citizenship oath on January 28, 2016 at 11:00 am". The problem is, she never receive her notice by mail (today is January 20, 2015) which is a week before her oath taking. Can you please advise me on what to do? Can my wife go to oath taking without the said notice? ANOTHER question: I checked the schedule of oath taking ceremonies in Edmonton and January 28, 2016 is not included in the schedule. Can I safely assume that my wife can proceed her oath taking on the said date? Please I need your advice. Thank you.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don51 said:
Hi everyone,

I need your advice: My wife's status on line says that "she is going to take her citizenship oath on January 28, 2016 at 11:00 am". The problem is, she never receive her notice by mail (today is January 20, 2015) which is a week before her oath taking. Can you please advise me on what to do? Can my wife go to oath taking without the said notice? ANOTHER question: I checked the schedule of oath taking ceremonies in Edmonton and January 28, 2016 is not included in the schedule. Can I safely assume that my wife can proceed her oath taking on the said date? Please I need your advice. Thank you.
As it has been said on this forum a few times,
1. Call CIC and make sure that the date on ECAS is correct
2. If letter won't arrive on time, print out ECAS notice and take that to the Oath (with PR card)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Don51 said:
Hi everyone,

I clearly agree with reader ambient2, call center agents and inform them in advance.

May be the CIC can email you a copy of "Oath Invitation" or your mail is on the way.

As a last option, as suggest by ambient2 take a print out of eCase, let your wife attend the Oath Ceremony per eCase date and time with all the originals, Passports, Landing Certificate, PR and Health Card (Only for identification purposes).

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IF your status say so then print the status and go to CIC office and present it as sometime mail get lost in PO too as they send hundred of mail at one time , When i was at CIC the administrative person told me same if you are scheduled and you know then just walk in with all doc required , you dont need letter , if it had not reached yet to you ...

So just Go there with all doc

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
Don51 said:
Hi everyone,

Check again the schedule is updated, Jan 28 schedule has 3 ceremony for the whole day. I'm scheduled for Jan 28 @ 8:15 am as well at Canada Place.