+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Algonquin College - 2021 Winter

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Congrats! Algonquin was added to the DLI list last Nov 3rd only, surprised to know they gave OPR before that.

Is your app SDS? Which country? When did you apply and did you get AIP?

I’m still waiting for final decision. Applied on July 29th, AIP of Sept 4th.
Thank you!! Exactly, but at the time I found out that they were issuing out BVLs/OPRs in my country despite certain applicants like myself and some of my friends having a uni/college not already on the approved DLI list. Later I found out they will only priotize finalizing those applicants with DLIs on the list. The problem is that I haven't yet received my stamped passport back till now. At first I thought it was because Algonquin wasn't on the list, but it's been two weeks since they were added so it might be because the VFS/CVAC in my country is extremely slow with processing.

My application is non-SDS. I'm from South Africa. Applied on Feb 18th and got my AIP on Sep 25th.

Which country are you from? Since your application was SDS you should've gotten an OPR by now or at least a BVL. No worries I'm sure you'll get it soon since you already received an AIP.

Reactions: Petita

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Thank you!! Exactly, but at the time I found out that they were issuing out BVLs/OPRs in my country despite certain applicants like myself and some of my friends having a uni/college not already on the approved DLI list. Later I found out they will only priotize finalizing those applicants with DLIs on the list. The problem is that I haven't yet received my stamped passport back till now. At first I thought it was because Algonquin wasn't on the list, but it's been two weeks since they were added so it might be because the VFS/CVAC in my country is extremely slow with processing.

My application is non-SDS. I'm from South Africa. Applied on Feb 18th and got my AIP on Sep 25th.

Which country are you from? Since your application was SDS you should've gotten an OPR by now or at least a BVL. No worries I'm sure you'll get it soon since you already received an AIP.
Philippines. Thank you! I hope so too

Reactions: Just_J