+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberts PNP Vs H1B expiration

gauravs04

Mar 8, 2009
I am applying for the Canadian Immigration via the Alberta PNP, I am currently on H1B for last 3 years, my H1B is expiring in Feb2010, still 11 months left, Would it be a problem if I do not get a PNP till then ?

C

cchabert

Can you renew you H1B? I don;t think it will be problem but you need to start ASAP!

gauravs04

Mar 8, 2009
yes, I can get my H1B extended, since the actual 6 year term would be until SEP 2011.
But these days the extensions cannot be guranteed so wanted to know if I would be able to get a PR under Alberta's PNP before my H1 expires, i.e FEB 2010

C

cchabert

You don't have nothing to loose it is free no charge for get nominated by Alberta just do your homework, research and decide if Canada is for you or not.

qwerty1981

Apr 7, 2009
Hi
Me and my husband have just applied for the AINP prgram(mailed application today)
My husband is the primary applicant.
His 6 yr h1b visa expires Jan 2010.
However he has been out of USA for a total of 6 months during the last 6 yrs, therefore if those months are recaptured the h1 is legal till july 2010.
Now according to AINP, H1 has to be valid when the decissions are made.
If decissions are made within Jan 2010. we are lucky.
If not. will he be considered out of status or will the recaptured months be taken into account (making the visa valid till july 2010)
Please advise.
Anybody in a similar sticky situation. please share info...plans....
Regardsss

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Make sure that your H1B is valid when they make the final decision. Here is the info below :::

Criteria for AINP Candidates under the Strategic Recruitment Stream U.S. Visa Holder Category (includes but is not limited to):
A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

A Candidate must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application;

A Candidate must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the United States in one of the qualifying visa categories listed above; and,

The Candidate’s current occupation must be on the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category. Please note that this list is reviewed regularly and occupations may be added or removed based on Alberta’s current labour market needs.