+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta tech pathway - new branch office in Alberta

akshuu_canada

Mar 10, 2024
Hello everyone.
We moved to Alberta, Canada in Dec 2022 on a closed work permit and after completing 1 year as we are preparing to file for PR I noticed a few things about my express entry score

1. My score is ~450 and I don't see making a cut with that
2. My company's registered office is in ON & we are a remote company and my work permit allows me to work from anywhere in Canada.
3. After looking at Alberta's Tech pathway program, I am thinking of asking my HR if they can open a branch office in Calgary. Total number of employees in Calgary = 3
4. My company is in software development, so I guess NAICS code will meet the eligibility criteria.

My question is what are the other minimum requirements for being eligible to Tech pathway for the employer like - age of the office? Minimum number of employees in Alberta? can a shared work place( wework address) be sufficient? Does it have to be a registered entity or a branch office of ON office be sufficient?

If they open the office do I need to get a new job offer from Calgary office? Will I lose my years of experience in the current role with the new offer?

Thanks in Advance.
-AJ

Love29

May 6, 2022
Hi.
Do your employer has LMIA ? If yes, doesn't it mean having a job offer increase the CS score? I am not sure just asking.

Another quick question, how long it took to get your work permit. I have also applied for closed work permit so asking

akshuu_canada

Mar 10, 2024
Hi, this is not related to my question above. I suggest asking as a new post.
My job is LMIA exempt due to intra company transfer, but I think i still qualify for 50 points.
My workpermit was filed in 2022 and not sure how long it took as it was all handled by my company's legal team.