+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP (AINP): June-July-August

trajan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi can i ask you what exact message did you receive from CIC, was it "We need something from you to continue to process your application"
Or did you receive a message stating" We need more documents from you to continue to process your application"
I am contradicting if its RPRF or need some more documemts?

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
I need guidance... M based in India, serving as Secondary school teacher, my husband is serving as Marketing Manager for renowned daily newspaper. We have exp of more than 10 years. My ielts score was L8.5 R 7 S8 W 6.5. My elder brother is a citizen of canada, based in calgary. My ECA has awarded me Masters level. I have my fedrl file with CRS score od 373. Do i have any scope in Alberta nomination
Interesting that going from W 6.5 to W 7.0 on IELTS would get an additional 2x 25 points (ie +50) under Skill Transferability section, assuming your personal work experience is 6+ years. And +7 for writing. There are some helpful youtube videos for this part of IELTS, as it’s all about using varied complex sentence structures in writing (passive/active voice, questions and conditional sentences, relative pronouns, subordinate conjunctions, and correct use of commas, colons and semi-colons). Even as a fluent English user, you’d imagine simple sentences would be preferred; these should be more easily understood by all English users. But IELTS wants you to show these skills even if they’re not part of your natural writing style, otherwise it’s impossible to get 7+. Writing section is the key to IELTS.

Assuming you’re both 36 with Masters and similar overall IELTS, then calculator makes your score 399. It’s worth double-checking and deciding who is best to put as main applicant (you get +15 for sibling regardless of whether applicant or spouse). I’m sure you have! But as it’s 470+ needed lately without a PNP, it potentially doesn’t matter. Though it’s not really clear how much of a factor CRS is for NOI, once NOC has been considered.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Sadly the answer is actually “NO”. NOCs 4031 and 4032 for secondary and elementary/early years school teachers are probably not going to get through under AINP. This table actually appears under the Opportunity Stream which you can only apply to with a job offer (and is not Express Entry aligned, so will currently take 5-6 months plus 15-19 months at provincial and federal levels respectively). The provincial government is in process of laying off lots of teachers at all levels in Alberta, as part of their current austerity drive.

Link:
https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-selection-criteria.aspx#toc-0

But under AEES it also says you’re less likely to get NOI if your occupation is on: high/low wage list for Alberta, AOS list of ineligible occupations, high volume application list under all AINP streams. Note that they don’t say “will not receive” but “less likely”. But if you’re less likely to get something, with no real chance to change likelihood as it’s due to NOC, then you should also look at options elsewhere (or in this case ... (a) Could I use a different NOC? Not really for secondary school teacher, or (b) Could I use my spouse’s NOC for primary applicant?)

Marketing Manager (0124) is not on the AOS ineligible occupations but unfortunately it is on high wage list for Alberta. So it might be worth you both looking outside of Alberta too if that’s an option.

I know the post was from Nov 2019. But I thought it might also help other people to answer. In my daily review of the forums for any news! It’s really difficult to answer the “do I stand a chance with NOC xxxx and CRS xxx” questions. This gives some things to think about though:
- is my CRS correct and have I put everything correctly into Express Entry profile,
- could I increase my CRS relatively easily,
- have I checked all the AINP information on NOCs that are more or less likely to be required in Alberta (they don’t publish a single list so you have to look in different places ... but everything is available for people with internet access and willing to invest some time to look for themselves),
- is my NOC in regulated profession (makes things harder but not necessarily impossible),
- could I see if another NOC would fit (has to clearly fit else might be considered an attempt to misguide on your application, which can result in a 5 year ban).

Hope that helps some people. Good luck everyone!

mschox

Jul 27, 2019
Hi everyone..am interested in Alberta..my question is even if u get the required crs score without requirements like having relatives or job offer..do they then consider you after or it is hard for those without to get nominations...please help...my NOC is 0411..what are my chances

Last edited:

OADEOYA

Jan 2, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi house, my noc is 1215, crs score is 456. Should I be hopeful?

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
thanks so much,did u submit your license and certificate and for all the questions that asked about dates from and to,did u input “till date”or u inserted today’s date.am currently working but it asked till what date.thank u.
I have the same NOC 3012. Did you already receieved your Nomination?

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Did anyone get an NOI in Feb 2020? Kindly reply with your details. Much appreciated!!
Thanks

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi everyone..am interested in Alberta..my question is even if u get the required crs score without requirements like having relatives or job offer..do they then consider you after or it is hard for those without to get nominations...please help...my NOC is 0411..what are my chances
AINP mentions having connections is not necessary but having one definitely increases your chances of getting an NOI. So my take at this would be, if there are X number of people in pool with a particular NOC in demand, they will go for the one with connection. Outland applicants will only be considered if they run out of inland applicants. Research using the search function if your NOC was picked last year & see where you stand and set expectations accordingly.

All the best !

Reactions: mschox

OADEOYA

Jan 2, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AINP mentions having connections is not necessary but having one definitely increases your chances of getting an NOI. So my take at this would be, if there are X number of people in pool with a particular NOC in demand, they will go for the one with connection. Outland applicants will only be considered if they run out of inland applicants. Research using the search function if your NOC was picked last year & see where you stand and set expectations accordingly.

All the best !
My noc is 1215, crs 456. What are my chances ?