Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Jalex23 said:
Bad luck then.

In my 4 years in Calgary (and 6 in ALberta) I have NEVER waited for a bus more than 10 minutes. Specially in cold days, they are even sharper.

Transit system is wonderful, a little expensive, but it is worth every penny.
Transit system is awesome in Calgary. The frequency of C - Train is excellent but that of bus is not that great. Had to wait for bus to arrive for 45 minutes in some instance. I think it depends on bus number / route, some buses are frequent and require only 5 to 10 minutes wait while some others are less frequent and may require 15 to 45 minutes wait at the bus stop.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Katayoon said:
In my 8 months in Calgary, I never saw a bus coming on time. It either comes late by at least 5 minutes or passes by ahead of time, leaving you behind in anger. When it snows and on weekend, buses do not even show up sometimes. Last saturday I spent one hour waiting for bus at -29C and nobody turned up. You can praise Calgary job market and relatively low taxes etc.but please do not embellish the transit picture.
Me too....Infact, that was what pushed me into getting my drivers license and car. I never drove a car all through my years in Manchester UK cos the transit system there was perfect, the transit system has many players like arriva, stage and first bus. But here in calgary, all we have is the Calgary transit which operates a sort of monopoly.

But then again, Calgary is widespread and it's difficult for the government to put buses on every road with increased frequency. Airdrie, where I work is only 20 minutes drive from north east Calgary but the bus service to Airdrie is only twice a day. The 2nd and last one leaves by 3.30pm!

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hear this a lot.. goto Alberta...

But I;ve talked to many recruiters over there and they keep saying they can't offer you a job since you are outside Canada.

So doesn't matter how qualified you are; its close to impossible to get a job offer...

Then again; hows everyone else doing it?

Any links? websites ? that will help a qualified engineer to land a job offer there?

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
carl321 said:
I hear this a lot.. goto Alberta...

But I;ve talked to many recruiters over there and they keep saying they can't offer you a job since you are outside Canada.

So doesn't matter how qualified you are; its close to impossible to get a job offer...

Then again; hows everyone else doing it?

Any links? websites ? that will help a qualified engineer to land a job offer there?

u first land there and apply for jobs. its easy to sit on ur bed and apply from the internet but there is one thing thats generally true. hard work pays off.

lying on ur bed going through sites and applying from ur home country has left most of the people frustated.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since I'm in the US i thought it would be easier to apply online ( as 99% of us find work this way)

I can call Canada (do phone interviews) and even fly over there for an interview (which is a major advantage)

Same concept applies within the US. We do 80% of interviews over phone and Skype. So I'm expecting the same with Canada (unless they are still in stone-age)

Also if we can secure a job now; there is a greater chance of getting a relocation fee from the company which will help me financially (as most companies do with relocation)

Ofcourse when I say jobs; I'm referring to professional level jobs. (5yrs experience with 2 degrees) 60-90k salary

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
carl321 said:
Since I'm in the US i thought it would be easier to apply online ( as 99% of us find work this way)

I can call Canada (do phone interviews) and even fly over there for an interview (which is a major advantage)

Same concept applies within the US. We do 80% of interviews over phone and Skype. So I'm expecting the same with Canada (unless they are still in stone-age)

Also if we can secure a job now; there is a greater chance of getting a relocation fee from the company which will help me financially (as most companies do with relocation)

Ofcourse when I say jobs; I'm referring to professional level jobs. (5yrs experience with 2 degrees) 60-90k salary
alright makes sense then.. since US and Canadian phone numbers are identical and they are geographically or otherwise more integrated than other countries. for example i am in south asia. so in my case and true for most of the people in the forum its better to start looking for jobs after landing there. of course we can apply online but teleponic interviews and if things go well in that face to face interviews will be difficult for us

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agreed.

Honestly the job market is looking very bad across the border.. however we would still want to get there...

Grass is always green on the other side

JambCajulao

Feb 28, 2015
Good day!
I am Philipp from the Philippines and as of the moment,me and my wife are currently in the process of submitting our profile in the Citizenship in Canada(CIC) pool in compliance with the newly implemented Express Entry Program.Based on our qualifications and work experience our Consultancy firm(Campbell-Cohen) have suggested that we apply through the Federal Skilled Worker Program(FSWP) category.

Our consultancy also suggested that our invitation to apply for residency would be granted faster if either me or my wife can find an employer.In line with that we would like to seek your assistance in securing a job offer ideally in Calgary(but other areas would also be considered) or suggesting a reputable Employment agency who could aid us in our cause.My work experience has been being a Retail Supervisor in a Health and Beauty shop(Aug.2013-Dec.2014) and a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative(Dec.2006-July 2013).My wife on the other hand is a registered nurse in Singapore(Aug.2008-present) and in the Philippines(May 2007-July 2008).
Kindly give us feedback regarding our concern at your soonest time of convenience via my this forum or via my email philippbenjamincajulao@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless!