vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
We are writing to inform you that as of August 27, 2015, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) will not be accepting new applications for all streams and categories until January 27, 2016.

We are pausing application intake for AINP because it is oversubscribed, with approximately 10,000 applications awaiting assessment and hundreds more being submitted each month.

The demand for AINP far exceeds the 5,500 nomination certificates allotted by the federal government for the 2015 calendar year. Continuing to accept new applications to the program is not fair to those already in the queue or to individuals in the process of applying.

It is important to note that applications postmarked on or before August 27, 2015 will be accepted. Applications postmarked after August 27 will be returned.

A skilled worker who qualifies for one of the federal immigration programs, such as the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, can still apply through Express Entry.

For more information about the AINP pause, visit the website at AlbertaCanada.com/AINP. You can also contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service at 1-877-427-6419 or immigration.info@gov.ab.ca for general inquiries.

We trust this information is helpful to you and provides you with a better understanding of why the pause is needed at this time.

Sincerely,

Brad Trefan
Managing Director
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Government of Alberta
Suite 940, ATB Place North Tower
10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S6

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
I think this is a good initiative by AINP. BC-PNP did that a few months back. This is good for those people, who are already in the queue. I hope it helps those, whose work permit is already expiring. Getting nomination, would help process their PR application faster.

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lifeonedge said:
I think this is a good initiative by AINP. BC-PNP did that a few months back. This is good for those people, who are already in the queue. I hope it helps those, whose work permit is already expiring Getting nomination, would help process their PR application faster.

Only time will tell.Let's hope for the best ! :)