+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Health Care?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My boyfriend has been here on a 1 yr working visa which expires at the end of Sept...which is exactly when we will mail of our common law sponsorship application.

He has had Alberta Health Care for the past year, but they sent us a notice in the mail that his coverage will terminate when his visa does at the end of sept.

We are going to be sending off a new visa application + LMO prior to Sept 30th... which gives him implied status. Does anyone know if implied status is recognized by AHC?

Also.. in the event his LMO doesnt come through, is he out of luck for health care? I guess I am just hoping and wishing AHC is extended to people who have a family class sponsorship in progress.

Any info or insight would be great!

Thanks

IsleChik

Sep 16, 2009
Alberta Health doesn't recognize implied status
From all I've read about AHC - basically what happens is - your coverage terminates - when you restore status AHC will backdate coverage (and he'll owe premiums) - so make sure if he pays any bills for the doc's during that time frame that he saves the receipts for reimbursement

diddagirl said:
My boyfriend has been here on a 1 yr working visa which expires at the end of Sept...which is exactly when we will mail of our common law sponsorship application.

He has had Alberta Health Care for the past year, but they sent us a notice in the mail that his coverage will terminate when his visa does at the end of sept.

We are going to be sending off a new visa application + LMO prior to Sept 30th... which gives him implied status. Does anyone know if implied status is recognized by AHC?

Also.. in the event his LMO doesnt come through, is he out of luck for health care? I guess I am just hoping and wishing AHC is extended to people who have a family class sponsorship in progress.

Any info or insight would be great!

Thanks