+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Health Card - Extension on Implied Status

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am providing this information for the people who are on or will go on Implied Status in Alberta, People on Implied status will not have to worry about their Health card in Alberta, Just make a call to 780-427-1432 and they will extend your Health Card for 90 days only if you provide the application number of your work permit...

Reactions: R_P and beate1961

MapleMadMan

Nov 29, 2015
Thanks!

Can they check the status of your work permit? What if I need another 90 days? Nevermind, I'll ring them and check for myself! :)

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MapleMadMan said:
Thanks!

Can they check the status of your work permit? What if I need another 90 days? Nevermind, I'll ring them and check for myself! :)
Contact them if your existing work permit and health card is expired and you have filled a application for new work permit...they will definitely extend your health card for another 90 days...have fun

SvetaB

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
chevy said:
Contact them if your existing work permit and health card is expired and you have filled a application for new work permit...they will definitely extend your health card for another 90 days...have fun
Not true. They can extend your health card ONLY for 90 days. That's it. If processing time is longer... you can go to private insurance. It what they told me.

We were in implied status, got extension for 90 days, on Nov 30 all our health card expired. Today we received new work permits, provided them to Registry, our health cards will be activated after 2 business days.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SvetaB said:
Not true. They can extend your health card ONLY for 90 days. That's it. If processing time is longer... you can go to private insurance. It what they told me.

We were in implied status, got extension for 90 days, on Nov 30 all our health card expired. Today we received new work permits, provided them to Registry, our health cards will be activated after 2 business days.
Check my post again, you repeated what I said in my earlier posts...