+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Advantage Immigration Program – Tech Pathway – Home office

April2023

Nov 30, 2023
Hi, I have a question about the employer.
My company has been registered in Alberta for over ten years but doesn't have a physical office. They registered the company as a home office. My representative (immigrant lawyer) said it should not be a problem as long as the business has been officially registered in Alberta, but I am worried that it may be a red flag.
Is there anyone who has been rejected for this reason?

Last edited:

Hrkml

Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I have a question about the employer.
My company has been registered in Alberta for over ten years but doesn't have a physical office. They registered the company as a home office. My representative (immigrant lawyer) said it should not be a problem as long as the business has been officially registered in Alberta, but I am worried that it may be a red flag.
Is there anyone who has been rejected for this reason?
If the company is legit and is registered in Alberta, it shouldn't be a problem. This won't be a reason for rejection, if they suspect anything, then IRCC would request for additional documents, like your employer's company details, registration number or whatever documents are there, which prove the business to be legit. So, I believe you don't need to worry about anything, just let your employer know that you are applying for PNP under tech pathway and they might ask some extra details as there is no physical office.

I was kind of in a similar situation as when i applied under tech pathway, my company was registered as a home office, but we did have a commercial office location. So, in my documents, I wrote both the addresses, Registered address (which was my employer's home address) and operating address ( our office location) As everything was legit and officially registered, it didn't cause any kind of problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: April2023

April2023

Nov 30, 2023
If the company is legit and is registered in Alberta, it shouldn't be a problem. This won't be a reason for rejection, if they suspect anything, then IRCC would request for additional documents, like your employer's company details, registration number or whatever documents are there, which prove the business to be legit. So, I believe you don't need to worry about anything, just let your employer know that you are applying for PNP under tech pathway and they might ask some extra details as there is no physical office.

I was kind of in a similar situation as when i applied under tech pathway, my company was registered as a home office, but we did have a commercial office location. So, in my documents, I wrote both the addresses, Registered address (which was my employer's home address) and operating address ( our office location) As everything was legit and officially registered, it didn't cause any kind of problem.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am still waiting for Alberta to complete the assessment. Hope I got the invitation soon

Reactions: Hrkml