anamika15204

Mar 24, 2024
Canada
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Am really perplexed about my situation here , i am a software graduate live in alberta got a remote technical support job in a company almost about to have experience then they just reduced hours of work not even getting part time hours , now got another job same title same duties noc b job remote work alberta but the company is ontario based taxes and everything is based on Alberta tax system not sure that that experience will count towards ainp if someone has any idea what can be done in that case

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Am really perplexed about my situation here , i am a software graduate live in alberta got a remote technical support job in a company almost about to have experience then they just reduced hours of work not even getting part time hours , now got another job same title same duties noc b job remote work alberta but the company is ontario based taxes and everything is based on Alberta tax system not sure that that experience will count towards ainp if someone has any idea what can be done in that case
Ask under PNP section but the company must be based and have office(s) in Alberta. Not sure what you mean based on Alberta tax system. Either have offices in province or not.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The company based taxes are calculated from Ontario because that’s where their offices are located . If they have offices in Alberta that’s where the taxes are based . I assume when you are stating taxes it’s payroll taxes and not corporate taxes . If they do not have any offices in Alberta , then your payroll taxes are based upon where the office is . In this case, Ontario , thus Ontario taxes.
It’s the office you REPORT to . No office in Alberta it sounds like , so you report to the Ontario office.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4001.html

anamika15204

Mar 24, 2024
Canada
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
The company based taxes are calculated from Ontario because that’s where their offices are located . If they have offices in Alberta that’s where the taxes are based . I assume when you are stating taxes it’s payroll taxes and not corporate taxes . If they do not have any offices in Alberta , then your payroll taxes are based upon where the office is . In this case, Ontario , thus Ontario taxes.
It’s the office you REPORT to . No office in Alberta it sounds like , so you report to the Ontario office.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4001.html
Actually yes by taxes i meant the payroll pays us deducting federal and provincial tax based on alberta tax system but there is no physical location in Alberta itself its fully remote but a noc b job the thing here is if the taxes they are deducting is based on our location the experience i will have should also be counted towards Alberta in that case but as there is no physical location that is concerning for me

anamika15204

Mar 24, 2024
Canada
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Ask under PNP section but the company must be based and have office(s) in Alberta. Not sure what you mean based on Alberta tax system. Either have offices in province or not.
There is no office in Alberta physically remote position only but payroll is based on Alberta tax system that’s confusing for me

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
There is no office in Alberta physically remote position only but payroll is based on Alberta tax system that’s confusing for me
Look at page 56 of the link I sent . You are deducted payroll taxes , EI CPP fed provincial taxes based upon WHERE the office is located . It’s located in Ontario, so the payroll is based upon Ontario payroll calculations, not Alberta .

Example. I work in Ontario . I pay Ontario taxes . If I went to Alberta to work I’d pay Alberta taxes , since my company has offices in Alberta . If they didn’t , I’d continue to pay Ontario taxes .

The Alberta employer must:
  • be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province, territory or the Parliament of Canada and that is operating an established production capacity, plant or a place of business in Alberta
  • have been in continuous and active operation in Alberta for a minimum of 2 complete fiscal years (the year used for tax or accounting purposes) prior to application submission
  • have a place of doing business in Alberta where employees can report to work regularly as needed and where work assignments are issued

Last edited:

anamika15204

Mar 24, 2024
Canada
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Look at page 56 of the link I sent . You are deducted payroll taxes , EI CPP fed provincial taxes based upon WHERE the office is located . It’s located in Ontario, so the payroll is based upon Ontario payroll calculations, not Alberta .

Example. I work in Ontario . I pay Ontario taxes . If I went to Alberta to work I’d pay Alberta taxes , since my company has offices in Alberta . If they didn’t , I’d continue to pay Ontario taxes .

How do you know you’re paying Alberta taxes ? Did you ask your payroll department?
Yes its the same company i was working with before, i always had that question so once they told me that they are deducting taxes based on my location as i am working remotely from Alberta
But as of the link you send its not the same case for sure will have to confirm again in that case witj the payroll department

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Yes its the same company i was working with before, i always had that question so once they told me that they are deducting taxes based on my location as i am working remotely from Alberta
But as of the link you send its not the same case for sure will have to confirm again in that case witj the payroll department
It’s irrelevant if they are, or are not

Do they have a brick & mortar office in Alberta ?
Yes or No ?

If not if you an issue

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl