+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airport

Abdul jalil

May 15, 2018
I am currently at the airport. I booked my flight from Lahore to Heathrow, and then heathrow to Toronto.
The problem is that, the immigration at the heathrow airport made me miss my flight in the process of checking if i was eligible to enter Canada. I have been compensated for that by getting booked on another flight but i am worried that it might happen again tomorrow. Do they have any basis of stopping me from boarding the plane to Toronto?
My flight will be at 3:30 am est and i am afraid that canadian immigration won’t pick up their call at that time.
Can some please shed some light into it as to what i should do and what might happen tomorrow?

Abdul jalil

May 15, 2018
I am currently at the airport. I booked my flight from Lahore to Heathrow, and then heathrow to Toronto.
The problem is that, the immigration at the heathrow airport made me miss my flight in the process of checking if i was eligible to enter Canada. I have been compensated for that by getting booked on another flight but i am worried that it might happen again tomorrow. Do they have any basis of stopping me from boarding the plane to Toronto?
My flight will be at 3:30 am est and i am afraid that canadian immigration won’t pick up their call at that time.
Can some please shed some light into it as to what i should do and what might happen tomorrow?
P.s It’s my first time going to canada after my spousal sponsorship application got approved

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
P.s It’s my first time going to canada after my spousal sponsorship application got approved
So, you are in possession of the two-part COPR document and a passport with an IM-1 visa counterfoil in it? Why were they concerned then?

Abdul jalil

May 15, 2018
So, you are in possession of the two-part COPR document and a passport with an IM-1 visa counterfoil in it? Why were they concerned then?
Yes i have my COPR and every single document regrading that.
As for the reason, i am unsure. They had some wrong information about me that i an already on board when i was right infront of them.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then why do they need to talk to IRCC? That sounds like they oversold the flight and double-booked your seat.

Did they say "How can you be here? Our system shows that you are already on the plane," or did they say "Your visa does not allow you to travel to Canada," or did they say "We seem to have someone in your seat already."

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
As for the reason, i am unsure. They had some wrong information about me that i an already on board when i was right infront of them.
Sounds like the airline messed up. You should be fine to travel with the docs you have.

Abdul jalil

May 15, 2018
They also said something that my visa has been refused by canadian immigration and whatnot.
But clearly it wasn’t when he was on the call with the immigration.
And at that moment, they closed the boarding and even hung up the call with them without properly investigating.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They also said something that my visa has been refused by canadian immigration and whatnot.
But clearly it wasn’t when he was on the call with the immigration.
And at that moment, they closed the boarding and even hung up the call with them without properly investigating.
The person at the gate told you this, or the immigration officer at customs told you this?

As far as I know, gate agents cannot check the validity of a visa - they can only see if it is present and isn't expired or cancelled.

Abdul jalil

May 15, 2018
Then why do they need to talk to IRCC? That sounds like they oversold the flight and double-booked your seat.

Did they say "How can you be here? Our system shows that you are already on the plane," or did they say "Your visa does not allow you to travel to Canada," or did they say "We seem to have someone in your seat already."
They said that your status shows that ‘you are on board and on your way’ but then I went back to my immigration officer who stopped me and made him write the reason down.
Only after that, they helped me book my second flight.
Otherwise they were saying that i need to go back to pakistan and book a ticket again

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
They said that your status shows that ‘you are on board and on your way’ but then I went back to my immigration officer who stopped me and made him write the reason down.
Only after that, they helped me book my second flight.
Otherwise they were saying that i need to go back to pakistan and book a ticket again
What do you mean by "my immigration officer"?

Regardless, that clearly sounds like an airline mess up. It sounds like they validated your visa and then booked you on a new flight.

If your visa was indeed cancelled they would have deported you back to Pakistan - they wouldn't allow you to continue onwards to Canada.