Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I need your help...

Does anybody here who has an idea about the Airport Transit Visa requirement?

I am planning ahead for my trip to Canada (newly approved PR) from Saudi Arabia. I am a citizen of the Philippines..

Flight options from Saudi Arabia will be transiting any of the following airports.. France/Germany/Netherlands airports. Do I need an Airport Transit Visa to pass through?

There is also a flight that I am considering : KSA-Frankfurt-Chicago-Toronto.. Does USA require a transit visa for travelers heading to Canada, holding an Immigrant or PR Visa?

Thank you in advance.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
USA does not have airside transit, so you must get a visitor visa to the USA.

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MilesAway said:
Thank you for the quick response..

What about Amsterdam or France? Do they require transit visa for Canada bound PR?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
MilesAway said:
Plus allow for time to transit through US immigration between flights as you would join a normal immigration line with everyone else.

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bs65 said:
Plus allow for time to transit through US immigration between flights as you would join a normal immigration line with everyone else.
Thanks a lot.. I will just cross-out the flight option. I just hope there would be some EU countries that allows transit without visa and..something to consider.

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
You will be allow to transit in schengen area without a visa if you have a valid visa for usa or canada.
But you have to respect some condition like having short transit, no domestic flight inside europe and never leave international area at the airport. My wife from thailand transit in germany without any problem ;)

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shineon39 said:
You will be allow to transit in schengen area without a visa if you have a valid visa for usa or canada.
But you have to respect some condition like having short transit, no domestic flight inside europe and never leave international area at the airport. My wife from thailand transit in germany without any problem ;)
Nice.. Thank you. I have no plan of staying longer on any layover nor leaving the airport premises. I just wanted to ensure a hassle free travel to Canada.

wawad

Oct 26, 2016
bladeguard said:
Guys I need your help...

Does anybody here who has an idea about the Airport Transit Visa requirement?

I am planning ahead for my trip to Canada (newly approved PR) from Saudi Arabia. I am a citizen of the Philippines..

Flight options from Saudi Arabia will be transiting any of the following airports.. France/Germany/Netherlands airports. Do I need an Airport Transit Visa to pass through?

There is also a flight that I am considering : KSA-Frankfurt-Chicago-Toronto.. Does USA require a transit visa for travelers heading to Canada, holding an Immigrant or PR Visa?

Thank you in advance.
Why you don't you just book your ticket with Saudia, they have direct flight from Riyadh to Toronto with one stop in Jeddah. Might be an extra $200 but it's worth it

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wawad said:
Why you don't you just book your ticket with Saudia, they have direct flight from Riyadh to Toronto with one stop in Jeddah. Might be an extra $200 but it's worth it
Thanks for the suggestion but I am not used to very long and continuous flight... I cannot bear sitting for a very long period of time during flight and would rather consider a flight with at least 2-3hrs layover.