+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airlines to fly to Canada

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Hope you guys are fine by god's grace!

A quick clarification, we are booking tickets to Canada in July 2019 can anyone suggest best airlines with reasonable rates that provides good services and comfort.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

Hope you guys are fine by god's grace!

A quick clarification, we are booking tickets to Canada in July 2019 can anyone suggest best airlines with reasonable rates that provides good services and comfort.
Hard to say without knowing where you're coming from.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Sorry!

We are flying from Chennai, India.

We got our permanent residency visa.

Travelling with hubby and 3.5year old kid.

Many thanks in advance,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Still have not said where in Canada you want to fly to, however look at Cathay Pacific, British Airways , Air Canada, Lufthansa. There are variations of one stop or 2 stop the latter taking longer which maybe with a child not a good choice.

Expedia of course will give you a choice, timeline , routing and prices then you can either book there or go to the airline site to book or confirm luggage allowances which can vary by airline.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you...

I have checked related websites before posting a question here.. I came through Cathay Pacific Airlines wasn't sure how far it's good.. hence raised a question as to which airlines is good to chose when opting to fly to Toronto, Canada from Chennai, India.
You also asked for reasonable rates. Cathay is good but expensive.

Basically, provided the airline flies, it's good enough these days.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
You also asked for reasonable rates. Cathay is good but expensive.

Basically, provided the airline flies, it's good enough these days.

Oh is it?

We checked today the Cathay Pacific which flies from India - Hong Kong - Toronto on July 05 and the rate is far reasonable when compared to other airlines..like for eg ethiad and British Airlines.. so i was quite Skeptic on how's the reviews for this particular airlines...if it's good we would go ahead and book it...

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
I guess I asked about the reviews of the Cathay Pacific Airlines... for which I don get any response

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I guess I asked about the reviews of the Cathay Pacific Airlines... for which I don get any response
I for one loved Cathay Pacific as a single traveller in economy. HKIA airport is a nice airport to connect to, but I wonder if it’s farther from India than connecting through the Middle East or Europe like Etihad or British Airways, which may be why it’s cheaper. You should check the travel times and connections for sure as well as checking the prices.

I don’t know what you’re looking for in an airline. If you have children you likely might have a different experience.

You might be better off on another forum like FlyerTalk or TripAdvisor if you want airline reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanna and k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Air Canada operates a direct flight from India to Toronto. Pretty sure it takes off from New Delhi so you’d have to take a domestic flight first but direct flights make it easier for kids even though they are long.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Air Canada operates a direct flight from India to Toronto. Pretty sure it takes off from New Delhi so you’d have to take a domestic flight first but direct flights make it easier for kids even though they are long.
It won't help. New Delhi is in the north of India, while Chennai is in the south of India. And, besides the flight duration, time will be lost for airport transfers and the layover in New Delhi.

If the OP prefers a direct flight then Chennai-Mumbai-Toronto might be a better option than Chennai-Delhi-Toronto