+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airfare blocked and hotel reservation

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hi. Wanted to check if visa officers really validate the airfare and hotel reservations if valid and paid. Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Although I have no insider information would think it very unlikely unless someone is pulled into a secondary inspection at the border and further detailed investigation about the visitors intentions are required to decide whether to permit entry for example.

Keep in mind that CBSA have pretty extensive powers at the border and can if they wish even look at all electronic devices, phones, laptops etc.. So checking bookings or who someone says they are staying with whilst unusual or the exception is something they could do if they wanted.

Having said that never advisable to either lie , mislead or present any dubious documents ,including flight or hotel bookings to a CBSA officer or to IRCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: H06 and Ekatuazon

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for the response. Reason why i am asking is i have hotel reservation and flight booking blocked only under my name until tomorrow and not paid yet. Do you think this is an issue?

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Btw, i have yet to submit my application the day after tomorrow. I dont have visa yet and thinking of adding these details.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Btw, i have yet to submit my application the day after tomorrow. I dont have visa yet and thinking of adding these details.
As khp already said, don’t buy flights and hotel bookings until you have the visa. It’s good advice. Not sure why you’re still trying to force the issue, but it’s your application and your money.

The implication is that paid flights and lodging do not guarantee approval, and thus add no value to a visa application, at least for a Canadian TRV. It may be required for other countries, but not here.

It’s certainly possible for the visa officer to check if they want to—all that’s required is usually a booking reference and passenger’s surname online—but again, this is not a hard requirement for approval.

It’s more advisable to use a mock or planned reservation or itinerary if you really want to include one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekatuazon

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hotel reservation => could be paid later and free cancellation.
I think the flight booking is applicable for tourism applicant. They can get the booking from the travel agency.

Reactions: Ekatuazon

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hotel reservation => could be paid later and free cancellation.
I think the flight booking is applicable for tourism applicant. They can get the booking from the travel agency.
Will it matter if the reservation date has expired before i apply for visa?