+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Anyone?

Sundstrand

Dec 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guy,

I want to know if there is one of you who was registered as a International student in NORTHERN LIGHTS COLLEGE or OKANAGAN COLLEGE as a Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. Thank you kind please share to me your experience as a student under this Course.

khalsa sher

Jul 8, 2012
ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am in toronto going to start aviation technician in centennial college,i have completed my
Aircraft maintenance eng from india.this is my canada contact no. 6477182857.

Sundstrand

Dec 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Khalsa . . thats great but im still planning to take the course. and i will try to apply this coming September intake after im done here in Saudi Arabian Airlines. By the way do you still have a copy of your study plan? i need some ideas how to make one . . Add me in your facebook acct tnx. and kindly tell me how much you payed for you tuition fee including the housing and overall expenses thanks. i might choose to study in centennial after i weight everything Because at this moment im trying to decide which institution might be. ;D :D

Sundstrand

Dec 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes i know that school in stevenson campus yes i also inquire about they offer. . But maybe its quite expensive in RRC base on my survey Northern Lights collee and okanagan college has a affordable tuition fee. But depends on how much money you can provide. Cause me i dont have enough funds tsk

maia

Sep 25, 2013
Hi sundstrand! Wondering if you have pushed through with the applications? Im also considering northern lights as they offer one of the most reasonable fees among all the schools ive researchedplus they seem to have a decent reputation. Im also pinoy and i worked in SV too but im sure magkaiba tayo ng trabaho doon.

Im also wondering about the path of international students after graduating from the program since there is a 48-month trainee period before one can write for the ame license. Based on my understanding, Upon graduation, a student is credited with 18 months of trainee experience. What happens then to the remaining 30 months given that international students are only given a work permit up to the length of study of a program and in the ame program's case, is only 16 months. How can we earn the remainder 14 months (or longer since its not that easy to land an apprenticeship right away) to be eligible to take the exams? Im not quite certain if there may be a change in visa status or what not since we are already skilled workers by then?

Thanks, i hope anybody who has gonen through this experience, especially international studetns, can shed some light. Cheers!

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
You may choose from either of the following Canadian institutions for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) program:

Province/State City Business
Alt Calgary SOUTHERN ALBERTA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SAIT POLYTECHNIC)
BC Dawson Creek NORTHERN LIGHTS COLLEGE - AVIATION PROGRAMS
ON Hamilton MOHAWK COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
ON Kelowna Okanagan College
BC Kelowna SOUTHERN INTERIOR FLIGHT CENTRE
Ont Nepean ALGONQUIN COLLEGE
BC Richmond BRITISH COLUMBIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BCIT)
ON Scarborough CENTENNIAL COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
MB Winnipeg RED RIVER COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Undoubtedly, Northern Lights College program AME program is best in British Columbia, probably in Canada and is recognized by the Canadian Forces, for accelerating the career opportunities for graduates of the AME program who may be considering a career in the Canadian Forces by providing them with advanced standing as an Aviation Systems Technician (AVN). Hope this will help you making decision.

Reactions: Arlin64

Fardin Ishraq

May 17, 2017
Bangladesh
Hello
I need some serious help regarding the information on international students studying AME m courses and how they can get jobs in airlines as engineers in canada.

I have came to know that for two years diploma studies of AME one can get only 2 years visa in canada is this correct?
If yes then how can anyone who is an international student can get ame jobs in airlines in canada.

And if there is anyone who is an international and have completed ame m course in canada and got a job can you please email me at fardinpritom@ymail.com so that i can contact you.

I am desperately looking onwards for a kind person to help me out by providing me these information thank you.

Fardin Ishraq

May 17, 2017
Bangladesh
Hi i have been offered to continuous 16 month trades/diploma program and its states to start in 29 Oct 2018 and ends at 28 Feb 2020 and in the program description it syas that there are short breaks in December an August. So after i complete this course will it be considered as 2 years for 3 yrs PGWP OR will it be considered as 16 month study with 16 month PGWP?

My institute is BCIT British Columbia Institute of Technology

Aug 2, 2018
You will be provided a certificate by the institute that this 16 month study is compressed against 24 months course and you will be getting 3 yrs PGWP if you directly apply to immigration office. In your case don't apply online for PGWP.

Reactions: Fardin Ishraq

Fardin Ishraq

May 17, 2017
Bangladesh
You will be provided a certificate by the institute that this 16 month study is compressed against 24 months course and you will be getting 3 yrs PGWP if you directly apply to immigration office. In your case don't apply online for PGWP.
Thanks Mr. Naveen. So to get the pgwp we AMEs have to apply to the immigration after we complete the course and not online?

Arlin64

Apr 5, 2019
Hi Khalsa . . thats great but im still planning to take the course. and i will try to apply this coming September intake after im done here in Saudi Arabian Airlines. By the way do you still have a copy of your study plan? i need some ideas how to make one . . Add me in your facebook acct tnx. and kindly tell me how much you payed for you tuition fee including the housing and overall expenses thanks. i might choose to study in centennial after i weight everything Because at this moment im trying to decide which institution might be. ;D :D
Hello sundstrand,
I am also a Saudia aircraft technician for 20 years now and also considering of migrating to Canada as an aviation worker or permanenr resident. I am 54 years old now. Do i stll have a chance?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello sundstrand,
I am also a Saudia aircraft technician for 20 years now and also considering of migrating to Canada as an aviation worker or permanenr resident. I am 54 years old now. Do i stll have a chance?
Your age will probably be against you for the standard immigration options such as express entry or PNP so would need to secure a job offer which would require an employer to go through the LMIA process, pay a fee and advertise the job to show no resident was available to fill the job position. Finding any employer to support an LMIA application is almost impossible given employers do not want to spend the time on the process unless someone has unique skills not readily available.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

By the way the forum member sundstrand has not been seen here for 6 years so a long shot if they ever answer,

Last edited:

Sizoo1

Apr 25, 2019
Hello,
I am 21 years old, Finished EASA B1 course with 2-3 months of experience. I am planning to do a diploma in the red river or any of the college. WHich would the cheapest and also best to find a job for immigration? I heard recruiters normally don't prefer candidates who are not living in the province the job is situated in. Currently trying to get my EASA course go through ECA.

akhilsfzs

May 23, 2019
Your age will probably be against you for the standard immigration options such as express entry or PNP so would need to secure a job offer which would require an employer to go through the LMIA process, pay a fee and advertise the job to show no resident was available to fill the job position. Finding any employer to support an LMIA application is almost impossible given employers do not want to spend the time on the process unless someone has unique skills not readily available.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

By the way the forum member sundstrand has not been seen here for 6 years so a long shot if they ever answer,

I like to ask one question that have be en in my mind for last 3-4 years. I have done my Aircraft Maintenance Engineering(AME) course from India under DGCA.I have an experience of 4 years 4 months in the aviation field . So recently I noticed that in express entry their is a job code 7315 for aviation.So I want to know whether I am eligible for a PR. kindly seeking a positive response.