+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airbnb - Quarantine - US to Canada - By Road

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi,

I have a PR card and moving from USA(h1b) to canada. Is Airbnb (fully private) considered a quarantine place for 14 days ? I am coming by road from USA to Canada.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
New travel measures
The Government of Canada has introduced further measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and its variants in Canada.

We strongly advise Canadians to cancel or postpone non-essential travel plans outside of Canada. Now is not the time to travel.

People who travel by air for non-essential reasons will face new measures and expenses when they return to Canada.

Flying to Canada checklist

Air traveller requirements
Travellers must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken up to 72 hours before their scheduled departure time.

As of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET, travellers, unless exempted, will also be required to:

• reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights prior to departure to Canada
  • take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
  • stay in the government-authorized hotel while awaiting the results of the COVID-19 molecular test taken on arrival
  • pay for the cost of the hotel stay, as well as all associated costs for:
    • food
    • security
    • transportation
    • infection prevention and control measures
Travellers must present proof of having reserved and pre-paid for their accommodation through ArriveCAN.

Travellers will still be required to complete the remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine after their mandatory hotel stopover.

The list of government-authorized hotels is now available.

Exemptions from hotel stopover
Travellers are exempt from the 3-night hotel stay if they're:

Temporary Foreign Worker Program exemptions
Workers in certain seasonal occupations under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system aren't required to stay at a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights if they:

• don't have symptoms of COVID-19 and
  • are travelling to their final place of quarantine in a private vehicle and
  • are travelling only with those who arrived on the same flight with them
Instead, these workers will go directly to the pre-arranged location of their 14-day quarantine. This location is where they'll wait for the results of their COVID-19 test taken on arrival and on day 10 of their quarantine.

A worker will be required to stay in a government-authorized hotel if they must take public transportation, such as a:

• subway
  • public bus
  • connecting domestic flight
Learn more about the seasonal worker exemptions.

Exempt occupationsAt-home testing
Travellers will also be required to take another COVID-19 molecular test on day 10 of their 14-day quarantine. Travellers will be provided with a COVID-19 test kit and instructions before leaving the airport.

Related links

check this Link for more information:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers.html

P.S. It is in the news that many are leaving without 3 day hotel quarantine. I can not comment on it. But be prepared for anything.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
OP is traveling by road, not air.

I did this from Seattle to Vancouver last summer and both CBSA and the BC provincial health folks were happy with my AirBnB arrangement. Do plan ahead for groceries etc though (not that they’d ask, but for yourself)

sidewinder

Apr 5, 2021
AirBnBs are fine for quarantine. CIC suggests you should have a private room and a private bathroom, which looks like you have already ensured. Also, print your booking confirmation as part of your quarantine plan.

A lot of AirBnBs, which do not want people to quarantine at their place, have started to clearly mention the same in their postings.

Online grocery delivery suggestion: Instacart
Online food delivery suggestion: Doordash

joeskc

Feb 5, 2021
I agree with @sidewinder
I am also quarantining myself in a hotel room with a kitchen. Make sure you register your airbnb address in ArriveCan so that you dont need to give any printouts, atleast in my case the officer did not ask for it.

Also, check out local tiffin providers if you are into Indian food. They even have "Quarantine Special" plans!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
AirBnBs are fine for quarantine. CIC suggests you should have a private room and a private bathroom, which looks like you have already ensured. Also, print your booking confirmation as part of your quarantine plan.

A lot of AirBnBs, which do not want people to quarantine at their place, have started to clearly mention the same in their postings.

Online grocery delivery suggestion: Instacart
Online food delivery suggestion: Doordash
You need your own private airbnb.