+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

air travel with ecopr

ag21

Aug 17, 2023
I'm in Canada with my wife and daughter and have a flight booked tomorrow to my home in the US from Vancouver (YVR). I just received my eCoPR today so I don't have my PR card. From what I've read, I won't be able to fly back in next week on just my eCoPR. Is that correct? Or can I just give the airline my US passport info to fly and then present my eCoPR to the border agent when I return to YVR?

Or do I have make plans to walk across the border or rent a car? Or do I have to cancel the trip?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in Canada with my wife and daughter and have a flight booked tomorrow to my home in the US from Vancouver (YVR). I just received my eCoPR today so I don't have my PR card. From what I've read, I won't be able to fly back in next week on just my eCoPR. Is that correct? Or can I just give the airline my US passport info to fly and then present my eCoPR to the border agent when I return to YVR?

Or do I have make plans to walk across the border or rent a car? Or do I have to cancel the trip?
Unless the airline finds out that you have your eCoPR, you can fly on your U.S. passport alone. Actually U.S. citizens (with a valid passport) are exempt from the requirement to produce a valid PR Card to fly to Canada, unless the airline `agent' is thinking they know better.

I will admit that the whole eCoPR `thing' is somewhat confusing to me; when does a holder of an eCoPR actually `land' and become a PR? It's probable that you are still a Foreign National in the eyes of the airline, at least.