+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Air BnB and other options for accomodation after Landing in Toronto

Weekly

Aug 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have been researching a lot about the temporary accommodation for first few weeks in Toronto.
People who already have landed - Can you please share your experience?
I have found both positive and some scary stories about air bnb on internet. So would like to hear recent experiences from people on this forum.
feel free to talk about other accommodation options.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
AirBNB is neither more nor less shady than in any other major city. Check the reviews and see how fast the host replies, that'll help you to find a good place. I booked via AirBNB several times (for friends visiting me) and didn't have a problem so far.
The biggest mistake you can make is trying to get a super cheap apartment via airBNB. Those are the shady ones. If there is a place that is much cheaper than other places around it, be suspicious.
Still, I would encourage you to look for an actual apartment as soon as you are here since AirBNB is much more expensive.

Weekly

Aug 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spyfy said:
AirBNB is neither more nor less shady than in any other major city. Check the reviews and see how fast the host replies, that'll help you to find a good place. I booked via AirBNB several times (for friends visiting me) and didn't have a problem so far.
The biggest mistake you can make is trying to get a super cheap apartment via airBNB. Those are the shady ones. If there is a place that is much cheaper than other places around it, be suspicious.
Still, I would encourage you to look for an actual apartment as soon as you are here since AirBNB is much more expensive.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Initially I would have to live in a temporary accommodation for 1-2 weeks. The plan is to look for an permanent accommodation in the mean time (I have been looking at some rentals on Kijiji).You are right about not falling for super cheap options. Other thing I have read in their reviews is that sometime host cancel the booking at last minute and that would not be a pleasant position to be in. I have looked up motels as well but everything is so expensive. Thanks and +1 for the tip :).