+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP Temporary work permit

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hi,

I have applied for AIPP Temporary work permit (paper application) through NY VAC. I'm trying to identify how long the visa office would take to process my work permit. Looking at their Facebook page, I could see that they are still processing cases which are submitted 14 days back. Does that mean, I need to wait for another 14 days to have my application picked up? Please let me know your thoughts.

It would be great if someone has a timeline to share

Thank you!
hi
i sent my application to NYC, as i am here on a visitor, i i sti didnt get any response, i hired a consultant, still not getting any response, can you tell me, how i can contact NYC office, and can you tell me which application package u have sent to NYC, within canada one or outsider canada one.

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am applying to the TWP on NYC VFS, however they told me that I would be able to apply online and that's what I did. I also went in person to provide biometrics. Now going thru CIC website it says that paper application only is accepted. VFS in NYC confirmed many times that I could apply online. Now I am afraid that my application gets refused and delays processing time. Anyone can provide some guidance?

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am applying to the TWP on NYC VFS, however they told me that I would be able to apply online and that's what I did. I also went in person to provide biometrics. Now going thru CIC website it says that paper application only is accepted. VFS in NYC confirmed many times that I could apply online. Now I am afraid that my application gets refused and delays processing time. Anyone can provide some guidance?
was that AIPP wp ?

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
call them.
call ircc
thanks naumann. By the way, I did try to contact IRCC few days ago, but it seems they won't take any calls outside Canada. Do you have any other number? I tried webform today and they can answer in 28 days :/

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
thanks naumann. By the way, I did try to contact IRCC few days ago, but it seems they won't take any calls outside Canada. Do you have any other number? I tried webform today and they can answer in 28 days :/
there is only one number, hope they will give you response soon.

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
there is only one number, hope they will give you response soon.
Hi there,

Thanks again for your support! I went back to the VFS in NYC and applied on paper. Hope that you've received your visa by now. In the affirmative, could you please inform if VFS requested your passport to stamp? Or they've just issued a letter of introduction and you can travel to Canada just with that?

Please check the information that I found based on your questions above:

If you need to contact the VFS in NYC, use the chat option at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/

Or if you application is already being processed by IRCC Consulate, then check their contact info at: https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/country-pays/united_states-etats_unis/new_york.aspx?lang=eng

Cheers

Shia-brz

Jul 15, 2020
Hi. I have received my work permit by Aug 6, which is around 4 weeks from the date of submission. I was looking at facebook updates to know when my application was reviewed by Canadian consulate.
Hi, may I know ehat type of documents did you orovide the embassy as “tie” to prove that you will return back home if work permit expires and PR is refused?