+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP permanent residence refusal- should i ask for reconsideration

titgirl

Jan 13, 2021
I applied for my PR through the Atlantic Immigration Graduate Program but I recently just got a refusal because the VO said I didn't study for 2 years. The thing is, I did a thesis-based master’s degree. My second year on my transcript only shows that I registered my thesis in the fall, but really it was for the whole academic year. The VO just assumed that I completed my thesis in one semester. Do you think I stand a chance if I ask for reconsideration with an explanation? Or do I have to start the process all over again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for my PR through the Atlantic Immigration Graduate Program but I recently just got a refusal because the VO said I didn't study for 2 years. The thing is, I did a thesis-based master’s degree. My second year on my transcript only shows that I registered my thesis in the fall, but really it was for the whole academic year. The VO just assumed that I completed my thesis in one semester. Do you think I stand a chance if I ask for reconsideration with an explanation? Or do I have to start the process all over again?
I would certainly try asking for reconsideration. You have nothing to lose. Make sure you include evidence from your school that explains the program was a fully two years.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Damn, you must have waited so long for it to get rejected.
How did you know about the refusal? Did you get an email or your application package back via mail?

titgirl

Jan 13, 2021
Damn, you must have waited so long for it to get rejected.
How did you know about the refusal? Did you get an email or your application package back via mail?
Yeah, after waiting for almost a year. I just logged in to my online app and saw the refusal.

titgirl

Jan 13, 2021
I would certainly try asking for reconsideration. You have nothing to lose. Make sure you include evidence from your school that explains the program was a fully two years.
I'll definitely do that. Thank you so much.