+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP - Final Interview, Post-confirmation of PR

SamDK

Jul 6, 2016
Hi folks!
Not sure if this is the right forum, but figured I'd try anyway. I received my Confirmation Letter of Permanent Residence in September and everything has been settled, although I still need to do a final interview and sign the paperwork. CIC has booked me for an interview in Fredericton on November 2. On the phone, when initially booking that, I was told only to bring my passport and the letter of confirmation.
In the new letter confirming the booking, it says I have to bring a whole lot more: the letter, passport, two photos, proof of payments and ''all immigration papers''. Now, that is how they word it. By 'all immigration papers', what would they be referring to? I obviously don't have everything since that was submitted months ago, including the one and only set I had of certain original documents as per requested. I have everything else, but this makes me nervous. It is confusing and I don't even know what this interview entails. I thought it was all a formality as they said a final decision has been made and I have been granted permanent residence, and I only have to sign the paperwork, but now I'm confused and quite nervous. Does anyone know what they mean by ''all immigration papers''? And how this final step works?
Any kind of information is very much appreciated!

Thank you :)

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By Immigration papers, they mean any study, visitors visa or work permit /BOWP that was previously issued to you (if applicable).

MartinNguyen

Mar 6, 2018
Hi folks!
Not sure if this is the right forum, but figured I'd try anyway. I received my Confirmation Letter of Permanent Residence in September and everything has been settled, although I still need to do a final interview and sign the paperwork. CIC has booked me for an interview in Fredericton on November 2. On the phone, when initially booking that, I was told only to bring my passport and the letter of confirmation.
In the new letter confirming the booking, it says I have to bring a whole lot more: the letter, passport, two photos, proof of payments and ''all immigration papers''. Now, that is how they word it. By 'all immigration papers', what would they be referring to? I obviously don't have everything since that was submitted months ago, including the one and only set I had of certain original documents as per requested. I have everything else, but this makes me nervous. It is confusing and I don't even know what this interview entails. I thought it was all a formality as they said a final decision has been made and I have been granted permanent residence, and I only have to sign the paperwork, but now I'm confused and quite nervous. Does anyone know what they mean by ''all immigration papers''? And how this final step works?
Any kind of information is very much appreciated!

Thank you :)
Hi@SamDK did you get PR yet, if you did can I ask you some questions about the final interview ?