+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP - Are proprietors eligible for the program

Moktan2020

Jul 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am interested to apply for AIPP, however, under work experience eligibility it is mentioned -
  • Don’t count hours when you were self-employed.
I have a sole proprietorship business that I started three years ago and I have seven employees. This is my full-time job. Does it mean that I am not eligible to apply for this program? I do have a full-time teaching experience of two years but that does not either seem to qualify as it mentions that the experience should be in the last three years.
In the last 3 years, you must have worked at least 1,560 hours. This is how many hours you would have worked in 1 year if you were working 30 hours per week.

I am really confused and don't know what to do. It would be a great help if anybody out here can provide some insight into it and guide me for the process.
Actually, I think it will be difficult for us to make it through the express entry as the cut off is too high and we do not have enough points due to age and education.
( I will be 37 next year and I have two bachelor's degree, B. Sc Botany major and B.Ed, My husband will be 40 next year and he only has a bachelors degree in accountancy major)

Can anyone please provide any suggestions? Will be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance.
Ishara

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I am interested to apply for AIPP, however, under work experience eligibility it is mentioned -
  • Don’t count hours when you were self-employed.
I have a sole proprietorship business that I started three years ago and I have seven employees. This is my full-time job. Does it mean that I am not eligible to apply for this program? I do have a full-time teaching experience of two years but that does not either seem to qualify as it mentions that the experience should be in the last three years.
In the last 3 years, you must have worked at least 1,560 hours. This is how many hours you would have worked in 1 year if you were working 30 hours per week.

I am really confused and don't know what to do. It would be a great help if anybody out here can provide some insight into it and guide me for the process.
Actually, I think it will be difficult for us to make it through the express entry as the cut off is too high and we do not have enough points due to age and education.
( I will be 37 next year and I have two bachelor's degree, B. Sc Botany major and B.Ed, My husband will be 40 next year and he only has a bachelors degree in accountancy major)

Can anyone please provide any suggestions? Will be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance.
Ishara
If you are a sole proprietor, then you are self-employed.

Moktan2020

Jul 23, 2020
@scylla, thank you so much for your prompt response.So it means I will not be eligible for this program. Can you suggest any other programs, that I can look into other than the express entry?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla, thank you so much for your prompt response.So it means I will not be eligible for this program. Can you suggest any other programs, that I can look into other than the express entry?
I can't comment on that specific program. All I can tell you is that your work experience will be classified as self-employed.

Yes, you can certainly apply through Express Entry and you can count this work experience. You'll need to score 470+ points to be selected out of the pool. I can't comment on other PNP programs. You'll need to research them to see what the requirements are.

Good luck.