+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
I came to Newfoundland in September 2022 for my final semester of graduate program. I have completed my master in dec 2022 and now have 3 yrs work permit. I have already started a job in teir 2 category with designated employer. I have not travelled to newfoundland during my studies due to covid. Please guide me regarding 16 months stay in newfoundland during studies. 16 months condition is exempted or not because of covid? How to confirm this condition status? Can I start my AIP application now or I have to wait for 16 months or 1 year experience? I

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I came to Newfoundland in September 2022 for my final semester of graduate program. I have completed my master in dec 2022 and now have 3 yrs work permit. I have already started a job in teir 2 category with designated employer. I have not travelled to newfoundland during my studies due to covid. Please guide me regarding 16 months stay in newfoundland during studies. 16 months condition is exempted or not because of covid? How to confirm this condition status? Can I start my AIP application now or I have to wait for 16 months or 1 year experience? I
AIP never posted an exemption for not living in one of the provinces during covid during your studies. The living in one the provinces will not ever apply to you since you have graduated.

• lived in one of the following provinces for at least 16 months during the last 2 years before you graduated
    • New Brunswick
    • Nova Scotia
    • Newfoundland and Labrador or
    • Prince Edward Island

Covid restrictions ended in 2021 so there was no reason not to travel back. You can apply now if you meet the conditions without living in the province Which is your work experience for one year.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
@Naturgrl
Hi,
I submitted my PR application under AIP on December 14th 2023. On feb 5th, I received an email from IRCC stating that they have received my application on 14-dec-2023. I assume this email is generally referred as AOR. Considering processing time is 6 months for AIP, should I count my 6 months from AOR date i.e. feb 5 or the day I submitted my application i.e. 14 dec 2023. Can someone who went through same process advise here? Also, I applied under international graduate and submitted bank statement as a proof of residence, will IRCC ask for bank statement again?