+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Some people posted here that leaving Canada after you receive AIP although not guaranteed reentry they should let you back. My lawyer advised I don't leave because in addition to my AIP they asked for more documents right before they gave me AIP. They actually gave me AIP before I sent all the required documents in. My lawyer also said that ÀIP doesn't give you a better chance of reentry than before you received AIP. Therefore my message is just because you have AIP every situation is different as to whether you should risk leaving Canada for a short visit to the us or not.

Reactions: canuck78

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
To Armoured they requested Pay stubs, Letter from Employer, Proof of Address, Credit report from both of us, Drivers license, more photos etc

Reactions: armoured

Polly0268

Nov 12, 2020
This may sound like a dumb question but is AIP the letter that states you pass permanent residency eligibility?

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
That’s interesting that you got request for additional docs after AIP. Usually AIP means you’ve already passed eligibility

Polly0268

Nov 12, 2020
I got request for additional documents after receiving a letter stating I passed permanent residence eligibility that is why I was asking if that is AIP because I thought I was in the clear for additional docs.

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
This may sound like a dumb question but is AIP the letter that states you pass permanent residency eligibility?
Not sure about the latest procedure. I’ve seen people got AIP before they have passed their medical exam or CSQ (a mandatory document only towards Quebec applications) these days. Looks like it’s only a initial screening. The officers are going to do another check before they make their final decision.

Also, I saw someone was asked for additional documents lately here in this forum, but after they called the agents, it was actually a wrong message. They actually don’t need to provide any additional documents right now. You should probably call IRCC too