Afimiko

Feb 19, 2011
Applied November 2008

Transferred to Etobicoke in April 2010

June 2010 they ask for a file update

August 2010 , additionals documents requested

January 2011 : Approval in Principle...

My question are :

1) does CIC have to do the background check and medical check again ?
Because I was a refugee claiment and it got denied but they do medical and background check for ALL refugee claimants before they go for their case trial with the IRB.

2) about a year ago I was on the social wellfare for about 4 months ( I was out of job and without a WP , couldn't get the EI becoz of that ), would CIC be concerned with that ?

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Afimiko, this is a complex case and should be dealt with precautious.
As far as I have read through the CIC instructions, the medical result last for a year and expire after that period. More chance that they can request for another test be done. For your working situation, I don’t know much what are the implications on your application.

Good luck
Mfumu

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Afimiko said:
Applied November 2008

Transferred to Etobicoke in April 2010

June 2010 they ask for a file update

August 2010 , additionals documents requested

January 2011 : Approval in Principle...

My question are :

1) does CIC have to do the background check and medical check again ?
Because I was a refugee claiment and it got denied but they do medical and background check for ALL refugee claimants before they go for their case trial with the IRB.

2) about a year ago I was on the social wellfare for about 4 months ( I was out of job and without a WP , couldn't get the EI becoz of that ), would CIC be concerned with that ?
1. Probably but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe PMM will advise.

2. No, it won't have an impact.

Afimiko

Feb 19, 2011
An acquaintance of mine did , finaly, get her PR status, under H&C. The funny thing is that they did not ask her to do medical or police certificate again.

She came to Canada in 1999 and her refugee claim was denied in 2002. She then tried different processes then finally decided to apply for the H & C.

In her case it took less than 24 months to get the 1st stage approval ...and we were expecting that they will ask her to re-do medical and security ; no they did call her to bring her ppt and that was it. She waited a few months ( 5 months) then they called her to go get her PR... Strange...

Afimiko

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Afimiko said:
An acquaintance of mine did , finaly, get her PR status, under H&C. The funny thing is that they did not ask her to do medical or police certificate again.

She came to Canada in 1999 and her refugee claim was denied in 2002. She then tried different processes then finally decided to apply for the H & C.

In her case it took less than 24 months to get the 1st stage approval ...and we were expecting that they will ask her to re-do medical and security ; no they did call her to bring her ppt and that was it. She waited a few months ( 5 months) then they called her to go get her PR... Strange...

Afimiko
Sweet ! now more people are trying this route...nice to know how easy it is to just walk into this country and become refugee. Whats the point of applying as a skilled worker and waiting in line and going through the trouble of saving money showing bank accounts/land valuation/education/work experience etc. I should recommend this to more of my friends, thanks dude :)