+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP for full app

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi all,

Very excited to share I received my AIP today (as I see some others have also received) but I thought the two-step processing was only for incomplete applications. I sent my app in full and as I’m in the US I didn’t need to provide anything else (biometrics, police certificate, medical exam, etc.)

I know very little has been released about this, but wondering if anyone else received their AIP and how long it took to get a full approval with a complete application...

Thanks all! Happy day!

Last edited:

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hi all,

Very excited to share I received my AIP today (as I see some others have also received) but I thought the two-step processing was only for incomplete applications. I sent my app in full and as I’m in the US I didn’t need to provide anything else (biometrics, police certificate, medical exam, etc.)

I know very little has been released about this, but wondering if anyone else received their AIP and how long it took to get a full approval with a complete application...

Thanks all! Happy day!
I think u need to provide biometrics, right? I also applied from US as well. Medical & Police certificate wont be needed unless they ask. Stage 2 will be issued around late Sept. or beginning October.

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I think u need to provide biometrics, right? I also applied from US as well. Medical & Police certificate wont be needed unless they ask. Stage 2 will be issued around late Sept. or beginning October.
No biometrics needed for me. Not sure if it’s because I’m a US citizen.

rambodazimi

Aug 9, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks all! Happy day!
Congrats! Can you please share your timeline? Thanks!

JodyA

Aug 16, 2020
I'm also American and received an AIP on Friday despite having submitted a complete application. Very frustrating.

rambodazimi

Aug 9, 2020
I'm also American and received an AIP on Friday despite having submitted a complete application. Very frustrating.
Why are you frustrated? You've got first stage approval and you have to be happy! Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline? Thanks!

JodyA

Aug 16, 2020
Why are you frustrated? You've got first stage approval and you have to be happy! Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline? Thanks!
This is for an American minor to attend a boarding school and the application was complete - no biometrics or criminal check required. A full approval could have easily been granted. So we're very frustrated. Applied on June 19th and received AIP on August 12th.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Boarding schools and some universities are ideally set up for quarantine. Their students are lowest risk possible. It makes no medical or financial sense for Canada.