HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
follow many consultants on Instagram and none got any new AIPs since then. College says I should wait, but I really don't know what to do
Is your application for fall intake? Mine is winter, the economic insecurity here is getting on my nerves, seriously. I follow people from Irmãos Prezia' Area VIP, there are also no updates from people there since aug 6.

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
My daughter received confirmation of 1st stage processing today from London IRCC and an Iranian student received one today going to the same university but don't know where she is applying from, she might not be Iran going via Abu Dhabi.
I have also applied in London UK in Feb, so far no updates...

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Many people cannot handle the pressure. I just hope no one takes any drastic measures because of anxiety and depression. 30 days from now, everything will be sorted out.

That's so true. How I wish Canada realizes that international students are also humans, & shows some empathy towards us, our studies, our time, futures, careers, efforts, struggles, sacrifices & most importantly our lives.

But no, they are into fooling everyone and keep giving AIPs, and holding up applications without any response while side by side preventing the travel & entry of even the so-called "exempt" students with full approval before March 18th, by saying that online classes are "non-essential".

I'll be honest when I say that the past few months have been torturous, even though I have a full approval before March 18th. It's extremely difficult to manage the stress. I am not allowed to travel & enter even for a graduate level, research-intensive master's program just because I have online classes that are supposedly "non-essential".

In the meantime, CBSA keeps allowing some students ( 1st time entrants to Canada ) inside everyday with fully online classes for the fall.

Then why not allow all students inside?

I expected them to be fair & just. But alas.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohbruh

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
That's so true. How I wish Canada realizes that international students are also humans, & shows some empathy towards us, our studies, our time, futures, careers, efforts, struggles, sacrifices & most importantly our lives.

But no, they are into fooling everyone and keep giving AIPs, and holding up applications without any response while side by side preventing the travel & entry of even the so-called "exempt" students with full approval before March 18th, by saying that online classes are "non-essential".

I'll be honest when I say that the past few months have been torturous, even though I have a full approval before March 18th. It's extremely difficult to manage the stress. I am not allowed to travel & enter even for a graduate level, research-intensive master's program just because I have online classes that are supposedly "non-essential".

In the meantime, CBSA keeps allowing some students ( 1st time entrants to Canada ) inside everyday with fully online classes for the fall.

Then why not allow all students inside?

I expected them to be fair & just. But alas.
I feel the same way. We all understand COVID-19 makes things hard for government and students, but there is no logic behind allowing students from the center of COVID (US) to Canada while forcing all others to stay in their home country.

They need to set concrete rules for CBSA officers. We are not living in an ideal world. Apart from the bandwidth and power shortage issues, the timezone difference creates the biggest problem. I am also a graduate student and entirely sure that there is no benefit of online courses for research-oriented programs.

paulakoga

Aug 12, 2020
Is your application for fall intake? Mine is winter, the economic insecurity here is getting on my nerves, seriously. I follow people from Irmãos Prezia' Area VIP, there are also no updates from people there since aug 6.
Yep, fall intake, classes start Sep 8th. It's been pretty hard to stay sane with all this political nonsense, covid and on top of that this IRCC drama..

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Yep, fall intake, classes start Sep 8th. It's been pretty hard to stay sane with all this political nonsense, covid and on top of that this IRCC drama..
I feel you... it's not easy to be brazilian these days though hope you have your AIP asap!

Reactions: paulakoga