+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP streams?

Alxcalways

Apr 1, 2021
I have a question, I have applied for AOS two months ago, and also submitted a federal EE profile, yesterday I received a NOI, but when I emailed them, they told me that I need to cancel my AOS application if I wish to apply for their EE stream. Is there any difference in the processing time for both streams? I'm afraid if the processing time is the same, I would have wasted the two months waiting time if I withdraw my AOS. Should I withdraw and proceed with a new application for Alberta EE stream, or should I just wait on my AOS?

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I have a question, I have applied for AOS two months ago, and also submitted a federal EE profile, yesterday I received a NOI, but when I emailed them, they told me that I need to cancel my AOS application if I wish to apply for their EE stream. Is there any difference in the processing time for both streams? I'm afraid if the processing time is the same, I would have wasted the two months waiting time if I withdraw my AOS. Should I withdraw and proceed with a new application for Alberta EE stream, or should I just wait on my AOS?
Alberta express entry is typically faster... should take 6 months. However I applied through alberta express entry last July and i’m still waiting. At the moment all applications are delayed significantly, express entry will still be faster for you.

Good thing with express entry is it only takes 24 hours to get your AOR when you submit your application, to get your AOR from AOS can take 6-8 months at the moment... this is what allows you to bridge your work permit. So if you are inland and need to extend a work permit soon, AEE is the way to go

Reactions: Alxcalways