+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Questions

rxv2562

Mar 8, 2009
Hi Guys -
I am very new to this forum and its good to see people helping each other with immigration issues.I am planning to apply for AINP and i have a few questions to start of with.

1 - Years of Education
For me

Elementary school - 5 years
High school - 7 years
Bachelors - 4 years
Masters - Typically takes2 years - BUT per my school records and letter they gave me it indicates i was a student with the university from Sep 2003 and officially graduated on March 2007 because thats when i completed my thesis. Does this mean i should indicate 3 years for my Masters degree ?

Question 11 : Personal History , IMM 008 Schedule 1

Provide details of your pesonal history since age 18.

How do i indicate my current employer dates ? I have no option to indicate "To" field as "To date" ? Shoud i just put a note under "activity" that my role is To Date or mention expiry date of my H1B petition which is in future ?

Question 15 : Addresses, IMM 008 Schedule 1
- Should i get a Police clearance certificate for all addresses i lived so far or does it go by country ? I.E one for India , One of USA etc ?

- For Indians in USA , do we need to contact the Indian embassy in USA to get a PCC ?

- For PCC In USA , shoulg i get one for each state i lived in USA and one from FBI also ?

Thanks

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
I think I can answer some of your questions as I have completed these forms for myself.

For question 11: If you enter your details via an electronic copy of the PDF file, it won't allow you to enter alpha characters on the 'To Date'. What I did for this is to leave it blank, have it printed, and placed 'To Date' = 'Present' via handwritting. I think this is okay.

For question 15: You will need to have PCC for each country that you lived for more than 6 months. However, it's a special case for the US. For US, they would need you to have one PCC for each state where you lived more than 6 months. So, for the US, you would need one for FBI and one for each state you have lived in.

Hope this helps.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Years of Education = 18 years. (5+7+4+2)

You should write the normal length of the degree, not how long it took you to complete.

bhathal

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
i completed my bachelors degree in 4 years insted of 3 . and i wrote 4 .. they accepted it.
and in next optimus is rite... u state present.. as i did.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhathal said:
i completed my bachelors degree in 4 years insted of 3 . and i wrote 4 .. they accepted it.
and in next optimus is rite... u state present.. as i did.
I wrote normal lengths of my degrees even though some of them have taken a longer time to finish and some of them have taken a less time to finish and my application was ACCEPTED too and I already have my nomination. The point is, they do not care how many years you write as long as you have the degree and H1B and work experience. Thanks.