+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP oct 2013 PR tracking

djnaman

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can somebody help me please :( what is the number to call for cic edmonton to make an appointment for landing while am waiting for passport to arrive. honestly speaking i dont know which border would be near for me so am deciding to do landing at my local cic..

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
chd2canada said:
My ecas got updated to "In Process" yesterday and today it got changed to "Decision Made" :D

I also received an email today with subject "Ready For Visa". It is asking me to submit passport and says, An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date.

One question: Am I going to get the CoPR as well? Or not because I will get visa on my passport instead?

Thank you all for being so helpful! It would have been harder to go through this process without your suggestions and help!
You will get both. ( visas and copr stapled in your passport)

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
vis1 said:
I got DM first week of May - waiting for CoPR/copy of passport request.
See http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decision-made-waiting-for-copr-visaexempt-countries-discussion-thread-t220644.0.html;msg3257145#msg3257145. You might get a copy of passport request before CoPR.
Does it involve a meeting in person? Could you please elaborate on the process?
24 hours. :) It's 20 working days.
I might indeed get an email before CoPR but it's been over 2 months already so I am not expecting much quite frankly. I talked to the MP's assistant who set up an appointment with me on Monday. She just told me to bring my passport and any papers from CIC (email with AOR). I'm also going to bring a screenshot of my ecas with decision made and a copy of the emails I sent. She was quite pleasant and assured me they would inquire.

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
asood said:
Can anybody tell, if we need a visa after landing to travel outside the country?
No you don't need a visa but you can't travel until you get your PR card. If you choose to travel without the PR card then you will have to apply to CHC for the travel document in the country you are travelling to and you can use that for reentry into the Canada.

djnaman

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivan124 said:
No you don't need a visa but you can't travel until you get your PR card. If you choose to travel without the PR card then you will have to apply to CHC for the travel document in the country you are travelling to and you can use that for reentry into the Canada.
does it mean even if i pr card i need to apply for visa if am planning to travel to usa?

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
djnaman said:
does it mean even if i pr card i need to apply for visa if am planning to travel to usa?
If you are traveling to USA then you can use your COPR to enter Canada, but here's the twist you can only use the COPR if you are travelling by car but if you are traveling on an airplane you cannot use your COPR, in that case you will need to apply for travel document to the Canadian consulate in NY or LA. (You don't need travel document once you have your PR card)

RicenTortilla

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My brother went to mexico after doing his landing, he didn't wait for his PR card and he had no problem coming back to Canada. Dunno how it is for every case though.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
hi i would like to know if your files has been transferred to a visa office will you get a confirmation or another AOR?

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darksiders said:
hi i would like to know if your files has been transferred to a visa office will you get a confirmation or another AOR?
You only get one AOR. If they transfer your file to another visa office, they won't send any notification to you.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
chd2canada said:
You only get one AOR. If they transfer your file to another visa office, they won't send any notification to you.
ok if thats the case there are only 2 Visa office that will handle your papers one is CPP-ottawa and then visa office in your country of origin right? or any selected visa office that you want to

my question is

i send an email to CPP-0ttawa and then our papers is almost 5 months from the time we submitted it

according to the AOR it will be transferred to a visa office the question now is

i send CPP-ottawa an email and they said that our papers is not with them and i need to call CIO does it mean that our papers is currently here in the philippines? and how many months before CIO forward the case to another visa office?

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darksiders said:
ok if thats the case there are only 2 Visa office that will handle your papers one is CPP-ottawa and then visa office in your country of origin right? or any selected visa office that you want to

my question is

i send an email to CPP-0ttawa and then our papers is almost 5 months from the time we submitted it

according to the AOR it will be transferred to a visa office the question now is

i send CPP-ottawa an email and they said that our papers is not with them and i need to call CIO does it mean that our papers is currently here in the philippines? and how many months before CIO forward the case to another visa office?
Where did you send your application? and which visa office did you request? Are you applying from within Canada or outside?

I sent my PNP (inland) application to CIO-Sydney and even after they sent me AOR saying that my application has been forwarded to a visa office, they kept the file in Sydney.

By the way, why are you trying to figure this out? Do you have to send any additional document? If so, DO NOT send it without confirming where you file is currently.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
chd2canada said:
Where did you send your application? and which visa office did you request? Are you applying from within Canada or outside?

I sent my PNP (inland) application to CIO-Sydney and even after they sent me AOR saying that my application has been forwarded to a visa office, they kept the file in Sydney.

By the way, why are you trying to figure this out? Do you have to send any additional document? If so, DO NOT send it without confirming where you file is currently.
my wife is the principal applicant and she is currently in canada we already send our additional documents to CIO the thing is i send an email to them 2 months after we receive our AOR saying that our application will be transferred to a visa office i send CPP ottawa an email and they say that our papers is currently not with them

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darksiders said:
my wife is the principal applicant and she is currently in canada we already send our additional documents to CIO the thing is i send an email to them 2 months after we receive our AOR saying that our application will be transferred to a visa office i send CPP ottawa an email and they say that our papers is currently not with them
Ok. The PNP application get processed in CIO-Sydney till Decision Made stage. Only the PPR comes from Ottawa or the visa office you requested. Email CIO regarding your applications but be ready to wait 20-30 days for the reply. They are not as quick as Ottawa in replying to emails.

I have seen GCMS notes of a completed case and according to them, my friend received AOR in November 2013 (which said application is forwarded to visa office) but his file was processed in CIO till May 2014 (until DM).