+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP H1B PROGRAM EMPLOYER OFFER LETTER

Kisha2009

Oct 14, 2010

Hi !

Please advise on this : I had applied fore Canada AINP H1B Skilled Worker i got my Case number .After some months in April 2010 i got letter saying that "They need Employer Offer letter " : to reopen.I gave interview recently and my New Prospective Employer is ready to give me offer letter.

I had called Alberta Immigration they said that i will get letter from them and then i can go and get work permit.I am at present in USA.
My question is that with that work permit will i be tied to that same employer,since this was under Canada Permanent Residency Program,so will i have to be with that employer ??? or i can change employer ??? What is Guarantee that CIC will issue PR under provincial nominee program??

I mean if work permit is same as H1B in USA then what is point in doing same thing going on work permit ???

Please reply i need reply and advise as soon as possible..

Thank you

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Alberta will issue a support letter and that will get you started on a PR process. The only difference between US H1B and this offer is, you can expect to get your PR in 2-3 (I hate to add that 3 there) years. In US, if you are starting for GC process right now, then get ready to wait for whatever years. (5 to 10) ...if you think you are 2-3 years away from US GC then it will be your personal choice to shift in cold environment.

Personally, I feel that freedom is valuable on some days and other days I feel better lifestyle...

Kisha2009

Oct 14, 2010
Thank you for your reply.

Ok ,if i plan to move to Canada on AINP Support letter ,can my husband work in Canada ??
also if god forbid i have to change employer ,can i change my employer anytime ??? if i loose job will i get time to search another job.

Is there any work permit with this ??? if yes then is it tied to one employer or i can change employer if i have better options while i am
in Canada.

Its just that i want to evaluate every possibility before coming there so preparing for all possible situation..

I really appreciate if you can guide me on this as this is little urgent for me to decide ..as i do not know Canadian Immigration Laws.

Thanks very much..

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Kisha2009 said:
Thank you for your reply.

Ok ,if i plan to move to Canada on AINP Support letter ,can my husband work in Canada ??
" Yes he can, as long as he is not a teacher, doc and something else. But if he is working in IT or other normal jobs he goes get work permit too...might take 2-3 weeks to come in"

also if god forbid i have to change employer ,can i change my employer anytime ??? if i loose job will i get time to search another job.
"Actually it is a good question. I don't know the answer. It will be great if you ask these questions to Canada visa guys. They are running this forum. I think they might charge you something but at least you will get confirm answers."

Is there any work permit with this ??? if yes then is it tied to one employer or i can change employer if i have better options while i am
in Canada.
" Temp work permit will be tied to employer but once you get PR (as said in 2-3 years) then u should be fine. Also you can switch employers and permit processing should continue independent of that"

Its just that i want to evaluate every possibility before coming there so preparing for all possible situation..

I really appreciate if you can guide me on this as this is little urgent for me to decide ..as i do not know Canadian Immigration Laws.

Thanks very much..

"Hope this helps! Good Luck.."

Kisha2009

Oct 14, 2010
Thanks a lot !

I have forwarded my question ..lets see what reply they have..But mean while if you get chance can you please find out from your resources.

Thanks

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Kisha dropped you a message. Please check in your inbox.

Kisha2009 said:
Thanks a lot !

I have forwarded my question ..lets see what reply they have..But mean while if you get chance can you please find out from your resources.

Thanks

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Hi Kisha,

I sent you a message but I guess your mailbox is full.

Here is the answer for your queries "Yes the work permit us renuable till the time you get the PR.
They will issue it for 1 year initially"

Sorry for the delay.

Kisha2009 said:
Thanks a lot !

Thanks